PRN Advanced Respiratory Care Practitioner - Duke Regional Hospital
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Duke Regional Hospital offers the personal touch and hometown
feel of a community hospital while serving as an essential arm of
internationally recognized Duke University Health System. -Duke
Regional has served Durham, Orange, Person, Granville and Alamance
counties for more than 45 years. To be successful at caring for our
community and have a strong reputation among patients who seek our
care, we have 3,500 team members who work together to provide
exceptional, compassionate and equitable healthcare 24/7. We are a
place of learning and acceptance for team members just starting
their careers, as well as an institution of family culture and
professional development for employees who have served for decades
in our hospital units. -Duke Regional has 388 inpatient beds and
offers a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and diagnostic
services, including orthopedics, weight-loss surgery, women's
services, and heart and vascular services. We also offer care at
our Duke Rehabilitation Institute, Davis Ambulatory Surgical
Center, Duke Ambulatory Surgery Center Arringdon, Health Services
Center, and Duke Behavioral Health Center North Durham. In fiscal
year 2021, Duke Regional Hospital admitted 16,422 patients,
performed 18,152 surgeries and welcomed 2,673 babies into the
world. -U.S. News & World Report ranked Duke Regional Hospital as
#9 in North Carolina and #4 in the Raleigh-Durham area for 2021-22.
The Human Rights Campaign consistently names us a Healthcare
Equality Leader, and we are a Joint Commission-accredited and
Magnet-designated hospital. -Job Title: RESPIRATORY CARE
PRACTITIONER, Adv (PRN) -Shift: Days 7a-7p or Nights 7p-7a 36 hours
Job Code: 4250
Job Level: F1 (August 2019)
Revised Date: 03/06/2018
Supervisory Responsibility: No - -- - -Duke Regional -Hospital is
looking for a Respiratory Care Assistant to join our team. Duke
employees are part of a premier organization dedicated to
excellence in education, research, and patient care. - This is a
full-time position. -Duke Raleigh Hospital is in Raleigh, NC,
centrally located between the beaches and mountains. - -
- -General Description of the Job ClassPerform diagnostic and
therapeutic clinical procedures as defined in the Respiratory Care
Services scope of clinical practice. Work performed in accordance
with physician orders. Defined duties are performed working
strictly with adult populations or working only with neonatal,
pediatric populations, but not with both. - - - -Duties and
Responsibilities of this Level
- Perform all duties and responsibilities required of a
Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Evaluate appropriateness of medical orders.
- Proficient in the application of mechanical ventilator
- Proficient in the application of Non-Invasive Positive Pressure
Ventilation (NPPV); Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) and
Bi-Level Positive Airway Pressure (BiPAP)
- Perform endotracheal intubation under the observation of a
Clinical Team Lead.
- Perform extubations.
- Serve as member of the code/ emergency team. Administer medical
gases. Insert nasogastric and orogastric tubes.
- Perform tracheotomy tube changes.
- Perform capnography monitoring. Transport patients requiring
mechanical ventilation or airway protection.
- Interpret clinical data to optimize patient clinical
- Participate in clinical rounds with physicians, nurses and
other health care providers
- Assist with Bronchoscopy.
- Assist with orientation and training of Resp. Care
- Assure safe operations of devices in the MRI.
- Qualified for certification in the hyperbaric chamber if
applicable to the institution scope of practice -Required
Qualifications at this LevelEducation
- Completion of a 2 year AMA approved respiratory care program
(Associates Degree or the equivalent) and North Carolina State
Licensure and Registry (RRT) by the National Association for
Respiratory Care (NBRC). -
- Must maintain annual skill maintenance requirements
- Must maintain annual safety/compliance requirements
- Must maintain North Carolina annual license requirements for
CEUs -ExperienceLevel I Trauma - ICU experience strongly
preferredTwo years of clinical experience following graduation from
a respiratory care program -Degrees, Licensure, and/or
CertificationNorth Carolina State Licensure and Registry (RRT) by
the National Association for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
-Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac
Life Support (ACLS) Pediatric RCP's need your NRP, PALS and ACLS
within 90 days of hire. -Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge necessary to make appropriate clinical decisions and
interaction relative to the specific age of a patient.
- Skills validation/certification of competencies for the duties
and responsibilities required for a Respiratory Care
- Skills validation / certifications of competencies for the
duties and responsibilities of this level.
- Work involves contact with patients of all ages, family
members, physicians, nursing, and all other members of the health
- Work is performed in all areas of the hospital.
- Work may require lifting or pushing in excess of 30
- Required to carry emergency airway bag weighing approximately
- Work requires walking, running, climbing and bending. Customer
service and communication expertise - -Distinguishing
Characteristics of this LevelN/A - - - - - - -The intent of this
job description is to provide a representative and level of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of
positions given this title and shall not be construed as a
declaration of the total of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically
presented in this description.Job Code: 4250 Job Title: RESPIRATORY
CARE PRACTITIONER, Advanced
Job Level: F1 -Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity
without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender,
gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
-Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. -Essential Physical Job FunctionsCertain jobs
at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include
essential job functions that require specific physical and/or
mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests
for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring
Keywords: Duke Health, Cary , PRN Advanced Respiratory Care Practitioner - Duke Regional Hospital, Healthcare , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!