Registered Nurse (RN) - Med/Surg - Medical Stepdown
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Duke University Hospital
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best
in the United States and is known around the world for its
outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University
Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive
diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional
emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65
operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital
outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an
extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For , U.S.
News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in
11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes
& endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery,
gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics,
pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital
is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive,
geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that
include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty
clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility) Registered
Duke University Hospital - Surgery
Duke University Health System seeks to hire a Registered Nurse who
will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Surgery Unit provides exemplary care for a variety of complex
patients with diagnosis such as Trauma, Vascular, Gastrointestinal,
- RN to Patient Ratio is 1: 3-5
- Strengths in teamwork, multi-disciplinary collaboration and
professional respect - we offer a dynamic environment for
- Procedures/treatments frequently performed include diabetes
management, pain management, wound care, telemetry, oxygen therapy,
blood product administration, and IV management of fluids and
- Affords the clinical experience to attain strong critical
thinking skills, vast knowledge of disease processes and body
systems, and robust care management skills. What you will do:
As a Clinical Nurse in Duke University Health System, you will plan
and provide professional nursing care for patients in accordance
with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies
and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families
in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North
Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care, utilizing
the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and
established policies and procedures under the supervision of the
team leader or charge nurse.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed
and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other healthcare personnel in the delivery of patient
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including
equipment and material resources. Prioritize work organization and
identify resources available to assist in completing components of
care in a timely manner.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking
appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational
performance improvement opportunities and assist in performance
improvement activities. What you can expect:
- Multitask in myriad ways - document assessments, plan of care,
interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status,
access nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients,
independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Educate patients and families in accordance with the nursing
plan of care.
- Relationship management with patients, families, visitors,
healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
What we'll provide:
- Paid Training
- New Graduate Nurses: 8 weeks of paid orientation and monthly
nurse residency classes and the completion of a unit-focused
- Experienced Nurses: 4-6 weeks of paid orientation depending on
- Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is
committed to providing robust learning and development from Office
of Continuing Education.
- Clinical Ladder Advancement
- Tuition Assistance and Nurse Loan Forgiveness
- Relocation Grant and Sign On Bonus
- Nursing Specialty Certification Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Performance Increases
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee
Pension plan and much more. What you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or
higher) OR Associate's Degree in Nursing OR Nursing Diploma
program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in
Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate
BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete
the program within five years of their start date.
Licensure and Certification Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing
as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure
to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS Certification
To apply please email your CV / resume to . Duke is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment
opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color,
disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University
and Duke University Health System may include essential job
functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities.
Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable
accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Keywords: Duke Health, Cary , Registered Nurse (RN) - Med/Surg - Medical Stepdown, Healthcare , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!