Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
The Clinical Dietitian works closely with the multidisciplinary healthcare team to coordinate evidence based medical nutrition therapy that is integrated and compatible with the patient focused medical goals. Primary responsibilities include application of the Nutrition Care Process (NCP), through nutrition focused physical exam, nutrition/malnutrition assessment, nutrition diagnosis, interventions, monitoring and evaluating of the patient's progress. The Clinical Dietitian uses practice-specific dietetics as available and evidence based practice protocols/nutrition practice guidelines to help determine nutrition intervention. The Clinical Dietitian performs business functions, such as management of resources in a cost-effective manner, and participates in compliance and quality performance improvement efforts to ensure that nutrition care is safe and effective. The Clinical Dietitian is an integral part of the multidisciplinary team, is involved in team conferences, provides nutrition-related in-services and contributes to the development and revision of hospital policies. The Clinical Dietitian also may be involved in community-based nutrition programs and maintains professional competency and skills required for professional practice. The Clinical Dietitian precepts interns, supports and trains clinical dietitians in the core behaviors and responsibilities of the department and organization.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self, and others. 2. Maintains compliance with established UNC policies and procedures. 3. Provides nutritional and behavioral education to patients with chronic conditions, such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and obesity. Utilizes motivational interviewing skills to provide nutrition counseling, identify barriers, and work with the patient to establish mutually agreeable self-management goals. 4. Maintains current knowledge and skills, and practices to the full scope of licensure of a Registered Dietitian. 5. Participates in QI initiatives. Works collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team to manage populations, improve patient accountability and outcomes. 6. Achieves established productivity targets for billed nutrition visits. 7. Maintains compliance with governmental and private insurance billing and reimbursement guidelines. 8. Participates in the training of clinical nutrition intern students by acting as preceptor throughout the year as assigned.
Other InformationOther information:
* Bachelor's degree required from a US regionally accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
* Completion of a Coordinated Program in Dietetics or Dietetic Internship accredited by ACEND (Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics) of no less than 900 hours (1200 hours for graduates of programs beginning 2012)
* Registered Dietitian (RD) by The Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR)
* Licensed as a Dietitian/Nutritionist (LDN) by the North Carolina Board of Dietetics and Nutrition. (Certain positions may allow licensure to be obtained within one (1) month from date of hire).
Professional Experience Requirements:
* No prior experience required except for specific positions.
* UNCMC Cardiac Rehab: Two(2) years as a clinical dietitian in a cardiac rehabilitation program or outpatient cardiology clinic.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* * Knowledge of the Nutrition Care Process and ability to apply all steps of the process.
* Knowledge and application of medical nutrition therapy.
* Understands and can implement Motivational Interviewing
* Critical thinking to integrate facts, informed opinion, active listening, and observations.
* Decision making, problem solving, and collaboration.
* Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to patients, public, hospital and medical staff, and physicians.
* Ability to function independently on assigned patient care units.
* Ability to counsel and educate others.
* General knowledge of nutrient analysis, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: NCHEALTHEntity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Pop Health-UNCPN Care Mgmt Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of Job: US:NC:MorrisvilleExempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [emailprotected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Cary , Clinical Dietitian, Healthcare , Morrisville, North Carolina
here to apply!