Applications Systems Analyst Senior - IT Clinical Systems
Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Provides a high level of technical support (development, testing, integration and implementation) of applications and interfaces which deliver IT tools and support business functions across the health system. Performs project management, requirements definitions, systems design, analysis, code development, problem resolution and vendor coordination.Responsibilities:
1. Evaluates requests and consults in design for new or modified computer programs, solutions, reports and interfaces to determine feasibility and compatibility with current system. Identifies and recommends solution development for larger and complex projects and ensures best practice development. Formulates and develops plans at a high level and documents required steps to achieve stated requirements. Reviews plans with management/peers as appropriate. 2. Develops and maintains clear, understandable documentation to describe program development and modification, as well as troubleshooting. Updates system and support documentation as necessary to reflect changes to programs, solutions, reports and interfaces. 3. Updates management, customers and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports. 4. Assists other IT teams with selection and provides technical evaluation of products / tools to ensure that the proposed solution adheres to enterprise-wide requirements, adapts to new requirements and changing technologies in order to meet business standardization protocols and objectives. 5. Functions as a technical consultant to the health system and maintains high service levels. Participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals and objectives. The applicant must be willing to provide support in a 24/7 environment which will include rotating on-call support duties during off hours, weekends and holidays. Work schedules may include some after hours and weekend assignments based on project demands. General familiarity and competency with HL7, Dicom, Citrix, server administration, basic networking, storage concepts, IT security, system administration, diagnostic displays, and workstation administration is required.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
* No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* If a Bachelor's degree: Four (4) years of experience with IT systems and/or related operational experience.
* If an Associate's degree: Eight (8) years of IT systems and/or related operational experience.
* If a High School diploma or GED: Twelve (12) years of IT systems and/or related operational experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: NCHEALTHEntity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Clinical Systems Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of Job: US:NC:MorrisvilleExempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Cary , Applications Systems Analyst Senior - IT Clinical Systems, Healthcare , Morrisville, North Carolina
here to apply!