Sr Associate Account Executive, Mid-Market Health Care and Life Sciences
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: June 14, 2019
We are seeking a Mid-Market Senior Associate Account Executive
responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions and
services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective
and current accounts in the health care and life sciences
* Sells software, solutions and services to current and prospective
customers; works with other sales/pre-sales/domain/personnel to
position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and
retain customers within assigned territory.
* Fulfills wide range of requests for information from prospective
customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and resources
* Prospects within a territory or account to uncover business
* Implements aspects of territory and account management and
development; identifies accounts with high \\"close\\" potential,
qualifies, advances opportunity through milestone steps of sales
cycle and forecast time frames to close business.
* Works closely with pre-sales resources and executives to
facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue
* Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed;
works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and
set time schedules for delivery services.
* Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to
discover additional revenue opportunities.
* Develops a basic understanding of company pricing, licensing
procedures and approvals matrix.
* Fully utilizes account planning process and tools (Account Plans
and Opportunity Plans within BASE).
* Performs other duties, as assigned.
* Applies knowledge of company marketing goals and objectives, SAS
applications, supported hardware platforms, marketing and business
trends, and industry knowledge to assess account needs.
* Recommends appropriate solutions.
* Works closely with virtual sales team, account managers and
executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high
revenue potential leads.
* Assists in evaluation of territory or account potential; uses
strategic selling methodology, pipeline management and forecasting
to identify accounts with high \\"close\\" potential, qualifies,
and forecasts time frames to close business.
* Develops action plans to close business for accounts.
* Develops plans to identify accounts that have the potential for
further development and executes them.
* Teams with pre-sales resources and executives on strategic
account development opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of basic sales techniques; knowledge of hardware and/or
software acquisitions cycles and buying influences.
* Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a
sales plan; ability to communicate technical and business concepts
and relate them to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work
independently and as part of a team.
* Technology Sales Experience.
* Ability to analyze situations and make informed decisions using
critical thinking, innovation and research.
* Willingness to learn, troubleshoot and think outside the box to
grow annual revenue within the territory.
* Have a confident, enthusiastic approach to working with customers
* Ability to travel 50% or as business needs require.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or
other relevant discipline.
* Requires a minimum of three years of experience in the sales,
marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions
(including related training products and services), computer
hardware, or telecommunications software/hardware.
* Specific industry related experience may be considered in
combination with the above requirements.
* Evidence of quota attainment.
* Heath care or life sciences industry experience.
* Preferred locations for this position include: Cary, NC; Chicago,
IL; Austin, TX; Houston, TX; Boston, MA; New York
* Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant
experience may be considered.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core
values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values
that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total
candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills,
problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators.
Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be
considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this
position will be determined based on the applicant's education,
skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they
are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may
require access to technology or software subject to export or
import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may
obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for
employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow
us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Sr Associate Account Executive, Mid-Market Health Care and Life Sciences, Healthcare , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!