Sr. Human Resources Generalist
Company: Sterling Pharma Solutions
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Summary of roleThe Sr. Human Resources Generalist is a hands-on,
results-oriented professional with an ability to support and
influence leadership to drive a culture of transparency,
reliability, willingness, and caring. -Knowledge of and experience
in managing and supporting HR domains including but not limited to
talent management, employee relations, total rewards, training and
development, and risk management is essential for the position. -
-This role is a site-based position in the Cary, NC office
providing expertise and service to 50+ employees. - - Essential
Functions -Site and Global Partnership:
- Establishes, develops, and maintains a strong partnership with
site leaders, employees, and peers to optimize the effectiveness of
the organization and foster the Sterling culture.
- Meet with employees and managers to understand what is working
well and where we have opportunities to improve as an organization.
-May be completed through employee surveys, listening sessions, and
- Represents site interests on the Sterling global Human
Resources team, both driving a 'One Sterling' culture and adapting
practices as appropriate to meet site needs. -Talent Management:
- Leads new hire orientation program for the site, including
facilitating discussion of the Sterling culture, human resources
and benefits presentations, scheduling orientation presenters,
issuing paperwork, coordinating IT and equipment setup, and
- Provides site leaders support in near-term and longer-term
talent management and planning including headcount planning,
staffing initiatives, compensation and rewards, organizational
effectiveness, team development, employee relations, performance
management, and recognition programs.
- Works with site leaders to administer performance management
process, goal setting, replacement planning, and succession
- Assists US Talent Acquisition Manager as needed for the site
positions and guides managers through the recruiting, hiring, and
onboarding process. -Employee Relations:
- Assists with conflict resolution and advises on employee
relations issues and on the application and interpretation of Human
Resources policies, procedures and practices, employment law,
standards, and government regulations.
- Answers employee and manager questions and provides training to
ensure consistent approach.
- Guide, direct, and support leaders in performance management
and corrective action up to and including the termination
decision-making and approval process. -Total Rewards:
- Administer compensation program to include base pay,
incentives, bonuses, and other rewards.
- Advise site leaders and employees on general benefit
- Collaborate with PEO and other HR team members to effectively
manage enrollment processes
- Manage unemployment claims, short-term and long-term disability
claims, and requests for Family Medical Leave (FMLA), and requests
for accommodations under the American's Disability Act (ADA) -
-Training and Development:
- Lead local training and development programs as well as assist
in rolling out global initiatives to employees and management.
- Manage the job rotation program to include the application
process, performance and feedback, and program evaluation. -Risk
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government
reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and
ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are incompliance.
-Other primary duties:
- Main point of contact for site employees and managers for HRIS
and Time and Attendance questions and problem resolution.
- Responds to requests for employee information from employment
verifications, unemployment, worker's compensation, auditors, and
other government or insurance bodies.
- Provide support in the immigration process for new and current
employees to include various work visas.
- Main point of contact for the site to investigate and
coordinate COVID-19 related activities. -Speak with managers and
employees to understand circumstances, determine when employees
should quarantine, contact trace and track activities to safely
return employees to the facilities. -Administer established
policies and procedures equitably and to protect the safety of the
- Participates with global HR initiatives and rolls them out at
the site level
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes
recommendations to the management team for corrective action and
- Act as payroll back-up for site.
- Maintains all site HR files and documents.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality and professionalism in
all interactions. -Supervisory Responsibilities:
- This position supervises and provides guidance to the Office
Coordinator position - Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management or related
- 5+ years of related human resources experience, including a
minimum of 3 years as Generalist/HR Business Partner.
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification highly desired.
- Prior HR experience in the pharmaceutical or CDMO environments
- Prior experience in the immigration process (H-1B, O-1, PERM,
green card, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through
complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effectively
resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent
with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation, or
- Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel
- Knowledge of the organization and operations of administrative
- Excellent detail orientation, including accurate data
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong understanding of professional business etiquette and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to adapt to change in a dynamic, high-pressure
- Candidates need to be competent with IT systems, and Microsoft
Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, OneNote, and
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time
with or without notice. - Travel Requirement
- Up to 5% travel required. - ---Diversity and InclusionSterling
values diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees. -All employment decisions are based
on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications,
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age,
national origin, physical or mental disability, past or present
military service, marital status, gender identification or
expression, medical condition (including genetic characteristics)
or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Keywords: Sterling Pharma Solutions, Cary , Sr. Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!