HR Business Partner
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: March 15, 2019
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
About the Role:
The HR Business Partner advises and supports managers and employees on all HR-related areas including performance management, career planning, leadership development & coaching, talent acquisition, total rewards/compensation, and policy interpretation.
* Partners with assigned SAS business units to deliver value-added services to management and employees that align with overall business objectives.
* Collaborates with the HR specialist teams in the development and implementation of employee programs and initiatives across SAS.
* Partners with SAS business leaders to develop action plans that achieve organizational objectives.
* Provides guidance and input on strategic workforce planning and talent management.
* Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues; provides guidance on, and assists in, performance improvement and conduct related issues.
* Facilitates conflict resolution at all levels.
* Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
* Provides policy guidance and interpretation; recommends and implements changes.
* Develops and delivers presentations on HR related topics.
* Ensures that the organization's needs are met in accordance with governmental requirements.
* Demonstrates HR knowledge to assist business leaders in developing recommended course of action.
* Provides recommendations to resolve complex business problems.
* Consults with HR management or senior level HRBPs prior to implementing solutions.
* Participates in HR program initiative teams.
* May lead initiatives across one or several divisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks
* Knowledge of employment employee relations, compensation and salary administration and of the laws that govern these areas
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Excellent analytical, organizational, diplomacy, and customer service skills
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources or Business Administration.
* Five or more years of professional human resources experience handling a variety of responsibilities in two or more of the following areas: employment, employee relations, salary administration, benefits, or training. Experience working with an HR information/ management system preferred.
* Experience with HRIS, Workday preferred
* Professional HR experience in a Tech focused organization
* Has supported exempt and non-exempt employee groups
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , HR Business Partner, Human Resources , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!