Java Cloud Developer
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker always
asking, What if*
If so, you may be the new team member we re looking for. Because at
SAS, your curiosity matters whether you re developing algorithms,
creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions.
Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services,
we inspire customers around the world to transform data into
intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries,
challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
SAS is moving our development teams and software into the cloud,
using Amazon Web Services (AWS), under a Software-as-a-Service
(SaaS) model. This is an opportunity to be part of a first of its
kind product and service here at SAS! We are looking for a strong,
diverse and talented engineer to help us get there.
What you ll do
As a Java Cloud Developer at SAS, you will be a part of an agile
team delivering critical services in AWS.
* Develop code and help provide architectural guidance.
* Work across the boundaries of development, test, information
technology and enterprise hosting to pursue new challenges focused
on the Customer Intelligence domain.
* Work on a team delivering highly scalable, real-time event
streaming ingestion and processing services.
What we re looking for
* You re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are
our values and influence everything we do.
* Bachelor s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science,
operations research, or a related quantitative field.
* 2+ years experience developing enterprise-level code.
* Excellent Java programming skills.
* Experience with Spring based microservice development.
* Experience with building REST APIs.
* Experience with designing scalable and high performing software
(high throughput with low latency).
The nice to haves
* Knowledge of AWS services (Cloudformation, ECR/ECS, S3, SQS,
ElastiCache, DynamoDB, etc.)
* Experience with event streaming technologies such as Kafka.
* Experience with building docker containers and deployment into
* Usage of Git, GitLab and/or Jenkins.
* Strong testing automation experience.
* Dev/Ops experience.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
* Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and with a team.
* Self-starter and ability to work and deliver across an entire
* We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy
people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No
matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your
unique contributions will make a difference.
* Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds,
experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn t about fitting into
our culture, it s about adding to it - and we can t wait to see
what you ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core
values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values
that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total
candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills,
problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators.
Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be
considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this
position will be determined based on the applicant's education,
skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they
are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may
require access to technology or software subject to export or
import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may
obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for
employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow
us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Java Cloud Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!