Analytics Software Tester
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: February 14, 2020
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker always
asking, What if*
If so, then you may be the new team member we re looking for.
Because at SAS, your curiosity matters whether you re developing
algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical
questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are
What we do
We re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services,
we inspire customers around the world to transform data into
intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries,
challenging the status quo and changing the way we live. We are
seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our
Cybersecurity practice as an Analytics Software Tester.
What you ll do
As an Analytics Software Tester in the Cyber Analytics R&D
division (CAR), you will work closely with the SAS Talon Data
Science and Engineering teams. You will be responsible for software
testing activities, throughout the software release cycle. You will
numerically validate and compare with the state-of-the-art
algorithms developed by SAS for analyzing network telemetry data.
You will have to keep up with the current research and write
prototype versions of the algorithms for testing purposes. You will
work with limited requirements or design specifications to create
unique test cases in accordance with criteria reflecting real
customer environments. You will work with cross functional team
members to review test design and test cases. You will work with
test team members to write automation scripts and automated test
cases. You will also create test data to test customer use
* Exercise analytical methodologies to test and validate
statistical algorithms and analytical software.
* Perform numerical validation of algorithms including independent
coding, cross-validation with existing SAS products or third-party
products, equivalence, simulation, or predictive performance.
* Plan, document, and perform functional, validation, and
systematic testing for new and existing software and analytics
* Design, implement, and continuously improve automated test
frameworks, tools, and scripts that address specific needs in a
continuous deployment pipeline
* Report defects, evaluate fix requests, and verify fixes.
* Automate regression testing on all applicable platforms and
* Review software design during development stage and provide
feedback to developers.
* Stay current with analytical methodologies by researching
literature and participating in courses or conferences.
* Communicate with developers, product marketing managers, and
industry experts to define testing strategies and coverage.
* Review software documentation and provide feedback.
* Assist Tech Support and consultants in resolving customer
* Keep current with SAS internal testing methodologies and
approaches; regularly evaluate third-party tools/solutions.
What we re looking for
* Professional knowledge in at least one analytical discipline, or
advanced knowledge in several analytical disciplines.
* Master s degree or a Ph.D. in statistics, machine learning,
computational mathematics, financial mathematics, operations
research or a related field.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Master s degree is
* Experience with a high-level language like SAS IML, MATLAB,
Octave, Julia or R.
* Experience with creating test data for test execution and data
* Experience creating automation scripts.
* Experience with multiple operating systems, such as UNIX and
* Ability to program in one or more programming languages, such as
Golang, Java, C++, Shell Script or Python
* Knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins is a plus.
* Knowledge of two or more operating systems, platforms, or
* Knowledge of software testing tools, methodologies and
* Ability to participate in all steps of the continuous development
lifecycle; including design, development, testing, and
* Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and debugging of
complex multi-tiered software applications; ability to develop
creative solutions to complex technical problems.
* Ability to handle deadlines in multi-tasking environment.
* Ability to quickly learn new technical skills.
* Ability to work independently with minimal guidance on day-to-day
work and new projects or assignments
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* You re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are
our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
* Background in one of the following areas: outlier/anomaly
detection, dimension reduction or streaming analytics.
* Experience with DevOps and Continuous Delivery.
* Experience with deploying and testing cloud applications.
* Solid understanding of software testing tools, methodologies and
* Knowledge of SAS products and their applications.
* Knowledge of third-party products.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
* Ability to communicate with people of various technical
backgrounds, think analytically, write and edit technical material,
and the ability to write and present clearly on technical matters
in a business context.
* Ability to resolve problems with varying management assistance,
escalating when appropriate.
* Ability to understand business requirements and translate into
* Ability to learn, retain, grow and apply business and technical
* We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy
people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No
matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your
unique contributions will make a difference.
* Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds,
experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn t about fitting into
our culture, it s about adding to it - and we can t wait to see
what you ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be
considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this
position will be determined based on the applicant's education,
skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they
are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may
require access to technology or software subject to export or
import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may
obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for
employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow
us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Analytics Software Tester, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!