Structured Cable LEAD Installer
Company: Mobile Communications America Inc
Posted on: February 18, 2021
COMPANY OVERVIEW:Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA) is
one of the largest and most trusted Motorola partners offering
wireless communication solutions that enhance the safety, security,
and efficiency of workplaces across the nation. Our customers trust
us to provide a portfolio of turn-key systems, products and
services -including two-way radio, vehicle uplift, video and access
control, BDA/DAS, remote monitoring, GPS tracking, SCADA, dispatch,
mass notification, and point-to-point wireless communications. Our
more than 18,000 customers span industries such as public safety,
commercial, education, healthcare, utilities, and government.A
component of our business that embodies the MCA advantage is our
"service first DNA" culture. Service is not just a motto for MCA,
it is an integral part of who we are and goes beyond our customers
to our employees, partners, shareholder, and communities. With more
than 800 employees and almost 70 locations throughout 10 states, we
are here when you need us the most. MCA is building a team of
people who share our core values of service first, collaboration,
trust, and engagement. We take our work and our customers seriously
and believe that our best work can also be fun. When you join our
team, you join the MCA family! POSITION SUMMARY OF STRUCTURED CABLE
LEAD INSTALLER:Have you ever wondered why your cell phone works in
some places and not in others? Do you enjoy working with your hands
and traveling throughout the county? Do you have one (1) or more
years of experience installing cabling, antennas, performing
electrical work and more in a commercial environment or related
experience? Mobile Communications America is hiring Structured
Cabling Lead Installers for the Raleigh, NC area. The individuals
in this role must be able to demonstrate proficiency with field
Installation and service of Digital Antennas or similar
telecommunication systems, digital installations / installs, and
structured cabling.RESPONSIBILITIES OF STRUCTURED CABLE LEAD
- Serves as major project lead on field installation and service
of DAS and other similar telecommunication systems, digital
installations / installs, and structured cabling.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Installation, Termination and
Testing of systems.
- Experience interpreting test results and applying to
troubleshooting system issues.
- Complete installations for a diverse range of buildings,
including stadiums, motor speedways, hospitals, schools, office
buildings, multi-family homes
- Continuous learning in new products, skills techniques from
colleagues and manufacturers
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation
- Maintain customer confidence by performing outstanding work
- Service first approach to internal and external customers.
- Meets and interacts professionally.
- Contributes to technical and project teams.QUALIFICATIONS OF
STRUCTURED CABLE LEAD INSTALLER:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED with at least 2 years
of technical experience, or a combination of related education /
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Lift or AWP Certification
- 4+ years relevant installation experience.
- 2+ year as Lead on structured cabling installation and onsite
DAS or similar technical installation management experience.
- Willingness to learn new technologies in public safety and
wireless communications and equipment
- Ability to travel and support remote projects, travel can be up
to 80% or more depending on workload.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work
- Proven track record of reliability and responsibility.
- High level of integrity.
- Experience building effective teams.
- Customer interface experience.
- Promotes, builds, and maintains good customer relations.
- Resourceful and collaborates well with others to gain needed
- Provides innovative solutions and focuses on continuous
- Overcommunicates decisions and the "why" behind those
- Master Trainer / Mentor to less experienced technicians.
- Reports disciplinary issues to PM/OM.
- Provides clarity on the results desired and sets expectations
with team. BENEFITS OF STRUCTURED CABLE LEAD INSTALLER:Mobile
Communications America, Inc. offers competitive compensation as
well as comprehensive benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision,
401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay and much more. WORKING
CONDITIONS:The physical environment requires the employee to work
both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid
conditions.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands
to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with
hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize personal
protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous
materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending,
frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be
able to handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular),
frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move
equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, frequently ascend / descend a
ladder, operate a motor vehicle, occasionally position self to
maintain computers or other equipment as needed.TRAVEL
REQUIREMENTS:Must have the ability to travel as needed. (Up to 80%)
Overnight travel is expected.NOTE: The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended
to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills,
and physical demands required of personnel so classified.Mobile
Communications America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that
recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified
individuals will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal,
state or local law.
Keywords: Mobile Communications America Inc, Cary , Structured Cable LEAD Installer, IT / Software / Systems , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!