Company: Reperio Human Capital Inc.
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Database Architect - Raleigh - NC $110-160,000 DOE, PTO, 401k
Match, Education, Health, Vision, DentalN.B - Please note that the
client are unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time.
Applicants must be a or hold a valid We are currently working on an
exciting role with a rapidly growing e-commerce company in the
healthcare sector. They are seeking the expertise of an experienced
Database Architect to join their product development team. The
Database Architect will thrive in a fast paced agile environment.
You will be joining a company that has been on the market for 25
years and has continuously moved with innovation and
technology.During the crisis the company have been able to
consolidate and keep things moving forward and now are looking to
expand their engineering team due to market demand.They are
currently in the process of breaking their monolithic to smaller
applications and they require the expertise of a Database Architect
to build out their servers, restructure the data and eventually
move the database to a cloud based environment. Very rarely will
you get a role that allows you so much scope to improve and make
your impact known Key Components 1) Comfortable with a large data
model 2) Background working in Microservices from DB perspective 3)
Knowing how to embed the DB development into an Agile process Job
- Articulate, define, and execute on a data tier strategic vision
and capabilities to support application and customer business
requirements in a distributed, cloud environment.
- Plan, architect, and guide delivery of critical, complex
database features at enterprise scale, including purge/archive,
backup/recovery, data refresh, and overall database architecture
- Develop and enforce standards for relational and non-relational
database design and development best practices, and design tools to
enforce these practices at scale.
- Continuously evaluate current trends in the data technology
space and provide recommendations on best practices and new /
differentiating capabilities, including active vendor engagement
and product roadmap review and feedback.
- Collaborate with development and operations leadership to
identify data tier feature gaps, improvement opportunities, and
proactive enhancements to increase quality of service.
- Develop and enforce best practices for application use of
database, in conjunction with database development and database
administration teams. Qualifications
- Expertise more than one major relational database (preferably
PostgreSQL / EPAS) such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora,
- Expert knowledge of database architecture and implementation
planning and execution, and demonstrated delivery of
- Expert knowledge of efficient database configuration and schema
design for OLTP, OLAP, DW use cases
- Expert-level understanding of database query tuning and
- Demonstrated experience of architecting databases in cloud
platforms such as Google Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure. Nice To
- Working knowledge of one or more cloud data warehouse
(BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift)
- Working knowledge of middleware / application access methods to
database including connection pools, JDBC, etc.
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle stages
languages.For more information on the Database Architect role
please contact John James Baird at Reperio Human Capital
onKeywords: North Carolina, Raleigh, Cary, Durham, DBA. Architect,
PostgreSQL, SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Cloud, AWS, Google
Cloud Platform, Azure, DevOps, Reperio Human Capital acts as an
Employment Agency and an Employment Business. - provided by
Keywords: Reperio Human Capital Inc., Cary , Database Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!