Military Fellowship - Information Systems Security Officer
Posted on: June 23, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... This opportunity is for Military
personnel who are current participants of Hiring Our Heroes
Corporate Fellowship Program Cohort 3-2022.You'll join a
fast-paced, diverse team of Cybersecurity professionals responsible
for developing, implementing, maintaining, and advising security
policy, execution, and compliance on multiple Public Sector
Information Technology (IT) systems. While advising on security
controls in accordance with the Federal Information Security
Management Act (FISMA), DoD CMMC, and/or other relevant policies,
you will also be focusing on building, managing, and improving
processes that allow your team and Verizon to better communicate
and collaborate with our Public Sector customers.Specific to HoH
Corporate Fellowship: Fulfill responsibilities that support
Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs) while shadowing that
role; building knowledge and skills related to the assignment; and,
performing initial tasks and special projects related to the role
that will expose you to the full ISSO role, such as:
- Learning business processes and melding your expertise into
analysis and improvement
- Developing action plans to mitigate process and technical
- Proactively collaborating with team members and customers, as
- Removing barriers and solving problems to help your team be
productive.You're organized, motivated, and detail oriented, and
known for your sound judgment. Solving problems creatively and
constantly looking for ways to improve processes are some of your
strengths. You're comfortable holding people accountable for their
performance and their adherence to policy, and you're able to
inspire and engage diverse groups to do their best work.Where
you'll be working...
In this remote role, you'll work from home with occasional
in-person trainings and meetings.What we're looking for...
- Must be a current participant of Hiring our Heroes Corporate
Fellowship Program Cohort 3-2022.
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science, MIS, Cybersecurity), or at
least four years of work experience in a relevant technical
- Be able to obtain CISSP, CISM, PMP, or similar certifications
and credentials within six months
- Minimum DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain a Top
Secret clearanceEven better if you have one or more of the
- An advanced degree in a relevant field.
- Relevant ISSO, information security, regulatory compliance,
technical risk management, or assurance experience.
- CISSP, CISM, PMP, or other relevant certifications
- Experience in administering processes and policies as they
relate to: NIST RMF, DoD RMF, FISMA, or FedRAMP assessment and
- High drive and initiative, ability to function independently in
a remote role
- Strong organizational, time-priority management, and
- Customer service experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience supporting and interpreting automated scan tool
- Experience with Google Suite.Equal Employment Opportunity We're
proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our page to learn more.COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementVerizon
requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon
provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal
requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized
Keywords: Verizon, Cary , Military Fellowship - Information Systems Security Officer, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!