Assistant Store Manager (Full-time) - Wake Technical College - Health Science Campus
Company: Barnes & Noble Education
Posted on: September 24, 2022
IntroductionBarnes & Noble College is a retail partner for
nearly 800 colleges and universities nationwide. We offer a retail
environment like no other uniquely focused on delivering essential
educational content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail
environment on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact
directly with our customers including students, faculty,
administration, alumni, and the general public to provide
outstanding customer service to sell or rent books, general
merchandise, and an array of products and services for an academic
community.OverviewBarnes & Noble College is seeking a resourceful,
driven, adaptable, and customer-focused team member to work as an
Assistant Store Manager in our bookstore. The Assistant Store
Manager will support the Store or General Manager in the daily
operation of our retail store. You will supervise employees and
tasks, work directly with customers, and play an instrumental role
in carrying out the directives of the manager. Cash handling,
customer service, team building, and problem solving are essential
skills that will be used on a daily basis.ResponsibilitiesAs an
Assistant Store Manager you will support all store operations and
departments in partnership with the Store Manager or General
Manager. You may be involved in purchasing for one or more
departments, directing operational functions, and/or with
scheduling and team development. At all times you will be expected
to deliver outstanding customer service to the academic and
co-curricular community while helping the store to meet or exceed
sales goals, identify business opportunities, and motivate our
team. With people management you may have direct involvement with
training, directing, and counseling our team to help create
excitement around our products, programs, and initiatives. Driving
our team to create customer experiences that enhance bookstore
loyalty, and deliver measurable results will be a daily
- Develop a working knowledge of all departments in the store to
provide daily support, direction, and guidance to customers and
- Assign and direct work activities for booksellers or other
management team members to ensure delivery of services, sales, and
- Maintain a presence on the sales floor to greet customers,
answer questions, and assist with purchases of merchandise or
services when necessary.
- Manage customer and/or employee issues appropriately, timely,
and with respect.
- Assist with hiring and training new employees for the sales
floor or other departments.
- Maintain an appealing sales floor-- shelf, arrange, clean, and
organize product or space within the store.
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash,
credit, or financial aid payments.Physical Demands:
- Frequent movement within the store to access various
departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
climbing ladders.COVID-19 Considerations:Our stores comply with all
applicable federal, state and local requirements and/or
recommendations regarding social distancing and sanitizing. In
accordance with individual campus requirements, positions may
require confirmation of vaccination. The use of face masks
throughout the day and while on campus may also be expected or
- 3+ years experience in a retail setting.
- 1+ year supervisory experience preferred or a graduate of the
Best Seller Program.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings,
weekends, and holidays.
- Familiarity with financial and customer service
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving
skills.EEO StatementBarnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity
in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.Job Locations US-NC-CARYID
2022-1430Category Retail ManagementPosition Type Regular FT
Keywords: Barnes & Noble Education, Cary , Assistant Store Manager (Full-time) - Wake Technical College - Health Science Campus, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!