Production Support Analyst - Duke Health Technology Solutions - Durham - Thurs-Sun Third Shift
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Duke Health Technology Solutions is a robust, specialized division
of Duke University Health System dedicated to the development and
management of enterprise IT systems.
A 2018 'Most Wired' health system, Duke is nationally recognized
for IT and information management as the first healthcare system to
achieve the Davies Award - highest honor by the Healthcare
Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) - for inpatient,
ambulatory and analytics health information technology
capabilities. Our employees are among the top-skilled IT experts in
the Triangle and partner with leading scholars, clinicians, and
researchers across Duke University and Duke Health to develop
innovative technologies that support our mission of delivering
tomorrow's healthcare today.
A Storage and Backup Analyst within Duke Health Technology
Solutions (DHTS) Production Support Team is responsible for the
care and feeding of all storage and backup technologies utilized
within the Duke University Health System. The incumbent will work
within the Production Support team to ensure availability and
service delivery for all remote Duke Medicine facilities, including
the management of all backup environment and storage
Working hours for this position are four (4) 10-hour days on 3rd
- Thursday: 10PM - Friday 8AM
- Friday: 10PM - Saturday 8AM
- Saturday: 10PM - Sunday 8AM
- Sunday: 10PM - Monday 8AM Essential Tasks/Responsibilities
- Participate in an operational shift using Service Now tickets,
e-mail and phone support to respond professionally and courteously
to our customer base to quickly resolve all storage and backup (and
- Provide technical support to customers and other technical SMEs
utilizing their knowledge of storage and backup systems to quickly
solve issues. Provide technical leadership for storage and backup
escalation and resolution.
- Seek opportunities to enhance organizational operational
cohesiveness with all members of the division and DHTS.
- Maintain documentation and procedures to ensure adherence to
institutional, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Implement, maintain, upgrade, and patch systems to be compliant
with Duke Medicine security policies and standards regarding
protection from external and internal security attacks.
- Research and remediate generic and system-specific
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
herein. Including basic Windows and LINUX administration for the
entire Duke Health Computing Footprint Minimum Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years functional and operational experience in the
- EMC Networker
- Data Protection Advisior
- VIPR SRM Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, performed by a
diverse group of professionals
- Requires Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong abilities to develop
and enhance relationships with team members, other technical staff,
customers and internal groups
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical abilities and innovative problem-solving
skills Relevant Network
- Requires North Carolina valid driver's license Preferred
- Service Now Experience
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certified
- Familiarly with Azure and AWS
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed
to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University
and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob
functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities.
Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable
accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Keywords: Duke Health, Cary , Production Support Analyst - Duke Health Technology Solutions - Durham - Thurs-Sun Third Shift, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!