Lead Software Development Engineer
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Location: Cary, NC - Hybrid work arrangement. (In office 3 days
per week. Remote 2 days per week.)
Role Value Proposition:
As a Global Integration Platform team, our mission is to design,
build and manage the next generation integration platforms
including APIs using cloud native technologies. We have developed a
world-class, cloud-native, multi-tenant platform to enable digital
channels such as online, mobile, call center and emerging channels
such as intelligent assistants. The platform runs in a fully
containerized, elastic cloud environment and is designed to scale
to serve the digital needs of our customers.
We are looking for a Lead Software Developer with a track record of
designing and implementing large and complex technology projects at
a global scale. The ideal candidate would have a solid foundation
in hands-on software development and design. To be successful in
this role, the candidate would require a balance of product-centric
technical expertise and navigating complex deployments with
multiple systems and teams. This role would include engagement with
multiple teams and projects.
- Technical design and development of software applications on
existing technology platform.
- Analyze business needs and present solution options that
include high level technical design.
- Implement technical solutions using cloud technologies and
- Provide technical governance to ensure compliance with
standards and best practices.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement by monitoring the
operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Collaborate with IT partners in the analysis, design, and
implementation of enterprise grade software systems.
- Actively participate in all stages of the SDLC. Essential
Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Experience implementing scalable and performant software
applications using cloud computing technologies such as Azure, AWS,
- Experience in application development using Spring Boot, Java
- Hands on experience developing applications that use SQL, NoSQL
- Minimum of 5+ years of software design and development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Hands on experience automating containerized environments and
infrastructure. Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Designing REST APIs using Open API specification.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience in performance debugging, testing and tuning.
- Highly motivated and thrive in an environment where problems
- Working independently and able to manage large scale
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Business
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings:
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry
we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective,
we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the
world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance,
annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its
individual and institutional customers navigate their changing
world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40
countries and holds leading market positions in the United States,
Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with
$642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31,
2021. We are ranked on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we
were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the
fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading
sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to
Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive
culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to
help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified
candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For
further information about how to request a reasonable
accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing
a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship
status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: MetLife, Cary , Lead Software Development Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!