Posted on: May 26, 2023
When you join VerizonVerizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing...The Security Engineer will be
part of Verizon's CyberSecurity (VCS) Cyber Defense Engineering
(CDE) Team, which plays a crucial role in defending Verizon from
current and future cyber threats. This Security Engineer will be
responsible for backend development within the SEC-OPS Security
Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) Platform: IBM
SOAR/Resilient. This includes, but not limited to: playbook design,
scripting, workflow creation, developing documentation, and
creation of custom integrations with external vendor applications
and Verizon tools. This role will work closely with the SOAR Team,
internal security teams, and cross-organizational teams on design,
development, and use of the system.An ideal candidate will have a
strong background in scripting and development work within SOAR
platforms. The Security Engineer will also need to be forward
thinking with deep technical knowledge and the ability to integrate
new and existing tools with our SOAR incident management system.
They need to be able to understand and solve business problems
while managing associated risks and compliance requirements.
- Supporting the SEC-OPS SOAR Platform (IBM SOAR/Resilient)
including the operations, deploy from an integration standpoint,
front end application.
- Writing scripts to enhance and automate processes within SOAR
platform, playbooks, and workflows.
- Maintaining direct and regular interaction with the
organizational stakeholders to ensure system is working and meeting
- Continuing to drive new integrations and automation to achieve
the goals and objectives of the SOAR platform users and
- Working with both vendor and custom API.
- Supporting integrations between the tool systems, ticketing
platform, and SIEM platform.
- Evaluating new features of the product to build out new
capabilities for the platform, which can be shared across the
various security organizations.
- Performing Change Management work (as part of off-hours
- Providing operational support and troubleshooting to
SOAR/Resilient application users.What we're looking for...You'll
need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- One year of experience in a modern SOAR platform, including
implementing automations and integrating with external
- One year of experience in Python.Even better if you have one or
more of the following:
- Experience in IBM SOAR / Resilient playbooks, automations, and
- Experience in integrating external security tools with incident
ticketing and automation systems.
- Experience in creating and using JSON-based RESTful web
- Unix/Linux System Administration experience.
- Postgres or other database administration experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills along with the
ability to handle multiple priorities and high-stress
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable
success across multiple business units.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to drive process improvements and identify gaps.
- Experience in engaging with customers, client executives and
other Verizon teams.
- Ability to excel in a team, as an individual, in a fast-paced
deadline driven organization.If Verizon and this role sound like a
fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every
"even better" qualification listed above.22CyberOPSWhere you'll be
workingIn this remote role, you'll work from home with occasional
in-person trainings and meetings.Scheduled Weekly Hours40Equal
Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon,
we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best. Check out page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon, Cary , Resilient Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...