Sr. System Administrator
Company: Centroid Systems, Inc.
Posted on: September 9, 2018
The Linux OS Administrator is going to perform systems management in conjunction with Linux/UNIX systems administration, networking teams, application development and Internet development teams. Key activities will include system installation; OS patch management, system integration, application administration, some systems architecture and design, and system maintenance. The environment that the Linux Administrator will work within is very diverse and includes many of the technologies. The server hardware is a mixture Oracle engineered systems and servers and running Solaris 10 & 11, and x86 servers running Redhat Linux & Oracle Enterprise Linux. The storage infrastructure consists of a network attached storage (NAS) comprised of Oracle ZFS appliances.
- Required intermediate to advanced level Linux/Unix systems administration activities
- Install and configure servers and other application components.
- Installs related program products and support tools
- Install operating system patches as supplied by the OEM in coordination with database administrator and the applications support staff.
- Virtualization - i.e. Oracle VM, VMware, Solaris LDOM, Zones,
- Support automate processes and maintain the application and OS environments.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Able to Manage the cloud-based IT infrastructure.
- Sound knowledge on IAAS is preferable.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in LINUX/UNIX, and system software installation, customization, and support.
- Linux Operating Systems (Oracle Enterprise Linux, RedHat Linux,Solaris )
- Experience working with Solaris 10&11 and x86 servers running Oracle Enterprise Linux/RHEL
- Experience with Linux mail servers running Sendmail/Postfix
- Experience with Storage and backup technologies
- Experience with Apache Web Servers, Solaris, Linux patch management and patch management Juniper Switches Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity in Unix environment, Oracle ZFS storage array based environment
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies (OVM, VMware, Solaris LDOM and/or Zones
- SAN attached storage,ZFS,NAS
- Experience working with NAS, Oracle ZFS appliance
- Clustering (VCS, Solaris Cluster)
- Backup and Recovery tools
- Volume management (VxVM, LVM, ZFS, SVM)
- Experience with Oracle VM infrastructure strongly desired.
- Experience with Oracle Hardware family (x86, SPARC, and Storage)
- Working knowledge of Oracle Engineered Systems (ODA, oracle Exalytics, PCA, ZFS appliance) Oracle Enterprise Linux.
- General understanding of relational databases (schemas, metadata, relationships, procedures, functions, and triggers)
- Experience with PERL, shell scripting.
- Hardware & Software Virtualization skills
- Shell scripting
- Oracle Engineered systems added advantage i.e ODA,PCA,
- Basic Networking skills (LAN,WAN,IP routing protocols)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience. 6+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience - provided by Dice
Keywords: Centroid Systems, Inc., Cary , Sr. System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!