Principal Software Engineer
Company: Software Guidance & Assistance
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Principal Software Engineer, for a CONTRACT TO HIRE assignment with one of our premier clients in Cary. NC.
- At Global Sales & Servicing (GSSP) Platform, our mission is to build the next generation digital sales and servicing platform, and to help deploy it worldwide. We have developed a world-class, cloud-native, multi-tenant platform to enable digital channels such as online, mobile, call center and other emerging channels such as intelligent assistants. The platform leverages cutting-edge, open source and proprietary technologies to create a highly configurable system that can be adapted to individual market needs quickly, and at a low cost. The platform runs in a fully containerized, elastic cloud environment, and is designed to scale to serve millions of users.
- We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer with a track record of designing and implementing large and complex technology projects at a global scale. The ideal candidate would have a solid foundation in hands-on software development and design. To be successful in this role, the candidate would require a balance of product-centric technical expertise and navigating complex deployments with multiple systems and teams. This role requires interaction with technical staff and senior business and IT partners around the world. This role would include engagement with multiple concurrent teams and projects. This role would also require oversight and leadership over technical staff.
- Create frameworks and developer tools, design training materials, conduct developer training. Evangelize new ideas, standards, best practices and solutions with the developer and tech community.
- Analyze local business needs, local country IT systems, local market needs including locale, data regulatory needs and present proposals that include high level technical solution, estimate and project plan.
- Provide technical support to project teams throughout project life cycle around technology platforms, solution design, security, debugging, profiling, performance tuning etc.
- Provide governance over project teams to ensure standards and best practices are being followed.
- 10 plus years of web software development experience at web scale
- 5 plus years of experience designing applications and systems at web scale
- Demonstrated experience with designing, implementing and deploying scalable and performant web and mobile applications at global scale
- Demonstrated experience in cutting-end client-side technologies such as ReactJS, Angular, mobile platforms, as well as microservices, container technologies, cloud services such as AWS or Azure and other server technologies such as NodeJS, Sprint Cloud, Netflix OSS
- Demonstrated experience in configuration management, DevOps automation
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical content to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field Preferred Skills:
- Experience with waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Experience designing multi-tenant SaaS systems
- Experience with Docker (or other container technologies), Azure or AWS cloud, Redis, MongoDB, Netflix OSS, RabbitMQ, Spring Cloud
- Experience in performance testing and tuning
Keywords: Software Guidance & Assistance, Cary , Principal Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!