Data Warehousing Developer - Entry Level
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: January 9, 2019
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Data has the power to change everything. Just like in life, at work companies cannot change what they cannot see; hence why data is so important. When data is successfully brought together, standardized, and transformed new insights, trends, and opportunities emerge. This is what the Enterprise Data & Analytics team does for other teams within SAS. We utilize the same technology and approaches sold to and leveraged by SAS external customers to empower SAS internally to make more informed and analytical decisions based on data.
As an entry-level data warehousing developer, you will be part of a team that pulls together data from very different, disparate systems organizing, standardizing, and transforming it into a format that can be leveraged for reporting or advanced analytics (like predictive analytics, data mining, machine learning, etc.). For analytics projects, 80% of the effort is focused on the data, so your role is critical to ensuring we successfully answer the business problem given. You will learn about data warehousing, data modeling, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) techniques, and be able to apply those in data and analytics projects.
Responsibilities and Opportunities:
* Work with various, industry-leading SAS solutions and tools
* Partner with data scientists and warehousing technical leads to deliver critical analytics insights
* Develop the skills needed to pass Base SAS or Advanced SAS professional certifications
* As your skills & experience grow, future career opportunities may include:
* Developing and presenting strategic and analytics reports using transformed data help drive decisions for SAS leadership
* Serving as a track lead or technical lead on a project
* Mentoring & training other staff members in industry best practices
* Architecting and designing expansions to the data warehouse or analytics data marts
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems or related quantitative field.
* Advanced experience using at least 1 programming language
* Likes working with and analyzing data - including querying, manipulating, joining and aggregating it into the right format for the task at hand
* Interested in analytics and how this data is used to drive decisions and learning how to use the data to effectively empower other business group s needs
* Strong problem-solving skills ready to dive into someone else s code, proactively learn and work to understand it, with ability to update it according to requirements given.
* Good communication skills
* Likes a challenge and ready to learn new things
* Ability to work in team environment to help other team members or take direction asking for help if needed
* Coursework or experience in databases or SQL programming
* Experience with SAS programming language
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Data Warehousing Developer - Entry Level, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!