Company: Tailored Management
Posted on: January 9, 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest global providers of insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs and become part of a world-class team bursting with passion and innovation!Scrum Master - Cary, NC SUMMARY
- We are seeking a Scrum Master to join Client's Digitization initiative team.
- You will be a key member of the Project Management team, owning and executing key projects for Client's most exciting initiative.
- Your role will focus on the coordination and completion of projects within the digital program delivery activities.
- You will have a consistent record of complex project delivery including inception, planning, tracking (schedule and finance), execution monitor and control and closing out project efforts. REQUIRED SKILLS
- Certified as a Scrum Master from an accredited institution
- 2+ years' experience leading one or more teams as Scrum Master in last 3 years
- 4+ years of experience as the member of an Agile scrum development team
- Able to integrate Agile & Lean principles into team practices
- Able to perform the complete system life cycle using the Agile Scrum Methodology phases from project initiation, analysis and requirements, design, coding, testing and implementation
- Able to lead sprint planning, Grooming, Review, Estimation, Retrospection meetings
- Schedule and facilitate daily scrum sessions
- Facilitate retrospective meetings at the end of each sprint/project - ensure highest priority retrospective points are followed up on and closed out
- Ability to break down project schedule/sprint schedule into measurable activities that do not exceed five days in length
- Able to create User Stories and define Acceptance Criteria as to when code is "Ready"
- Communicate stories for the upcoming sprint to the product owner and stakeholders
- Support the Product Owner and Delivery Leader in updating weekly critical path analysis charts
- Add or remove stories based on burn-down of the current sprint
- Ability to determine the workload of each member during each sprint so that maximum features are developed as early as possible
- Monitor team backlog daily and ensure it accurately reflects the current state, including time to be burned and status
- Participate in Release retrospective and cross team retrospectives
- Risk, Change, Stakeholder, Partner management DESIRED SKILLS
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Proven ability to develop and maintain system documentation
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience with Clarity or other Budgeting tools Tech Stack: (Desired knowledge)
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting a large-scale customer-facing web based and back-end applications.
- Experience with distributed architecture, SOA, and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Exposure to Cloud and Big Data
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented concepts, programming, and systems design
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance and scale
- Experience with a broad mix of technologies including a subset of Java, Node.js, react.js, Mongo, Groovy, Microservices, Azure, Quality Center Additional Provisions
- This is not a remote position. Works from Cary, NC office. - provided by Dice Certified as a Scrum Master from an accredited institution
Keywords: Tailored Management, Cary , Scrum Master, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!