Senior Java Developer Contract Job in Raleigh NC
Posted on: January 10, 2019
Senior Java Software Developer Contract job in Raleigh NC
We are seeking an experienced and customer-focused Senior Java Developer who has a passion for developing new SaaS features/offerings that solve real customer problems. You will use your knowledge and expertise with developing large Java based websites to support the rapid growth of a world-class SaaS Web application by developing and iteratively delivering new, high-quality features that delight our customers.
• Participate in the identification, prioritization and development of technical initiatives and strategies.
• Design, implement, and maintain highly scalable components, services and systems that support high-volume transaction loads for an established and fast growing offering
• Identify and drive improvements to our software and development processes
• Work as part of a scrum team to develop new features
• Deliver automated unit tests to ensure high quality of code
• Conduct peer design/code reviews
• Break down User Stories into concrete development tasks
• Track progress on work accomplished to support project management
• Mentor other engineers on best design, coding, quality, and development practices
• Protect and maintain the integrity of our customer’s data
• Expert Java development skills
• Experience developing REST-ful API’s for internal and external services
• Extensive experience developing systems using Opensource systems, tools and platforms (Memcached, JBOSS, Quartz, Spring MVC, Solr, Drools)
• Solid understanding of the role of Database technologies (Hibernate, JDBC, Oracle, MSSQL, T-SQL) in multi-tenant, high volume systems
• Applied knowledge of developing to support Horizontal scaling (e.g. horizontal partitioning using database shards)
• Experienced with SDLC Tools (Version Control, Work Tracking, Code Review, Build and Deployment Systems)
• Familiar with mock object frameworks and other tools for test driven development
• Adept at identifying negative and exception path flows for requirements analyzed
• Experience with Multi-tenant architectures and Enterprise development patterns
• Experienced at finding root cause of performance issues and designing solutions for high volume transactions (e.g. using profiling tool like JProfiler to analyze application performance)
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in all phases of systems development
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
• Able to quickly stub out implementations and iteratively develop working code
• Flexibility to work with distributed teams working in different time zones.
To be considered, you must apply online now and submit your resume. We are actively monitoring all applications. Apply below! And, thanks for partnering with Modis!
Keywords: , Cary , Senior Java Developer Contract Job in Raleigh NC, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!