Senior Network Engineer
Posted on: January 13, 2019
What you'll be doing...
This position will perform complex engineering for complex customer environments and possesses a broad knowledge of overall Verizon Business Operations and Technology. It will require independent thinking and demand full use and application of principles, theories and concepts of routing and switching technologies. You will work closely with Verizon and Customer Operations, project management, and engineering teams to meet or exceed the customer's requirements. Additionally, will have responsibility for the execution of the technological vision for network transformation.
- Designing, configuring, implementing & testing, and troubleshooting multi-site network environments that consist of multi-vendor Routers, Switches, Wireless LAN, and WAN Acceleration.
- Designing and configuring various routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP IGRP, HSRP, RIPv1 & RIPv2.
- Working with complex QoS and VLAN configurations and designs.
- Design and deploy state-of-art technology to meet the customer's business needs,
- Interface to the project management team regarding technical planning and network issues.
- Maintain technical materials for designs specific to the customer's network inclusive of Verizon products and services as applicable.
- Provide Tier 4 problem resolution working closely with the Verizon Network Operations Center.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree (ideally in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and Technology) or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience in designing, installing, and troubleshooting WAN, LAN, WLAN, or data center environments.
- Vendor certification - Cisco CCNP, CCDP, or CCDA, and/or Juniper JNCIS.
- Possess in-depth Juniper & Cisco knowledge with MPLS network architecture and design disciplines, operational support familiarity, previous and current extensive hands-on implementation, and thorough configuration knowledge and capabilities for all platform levels.
- Knowledge of all routing protocols (For example : BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, GLBP, VRF), Traffic engineering, L2/L3 VPN, multicast & class of service.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Customer interfacing background, as well as superior oral and written communication skills.
- Disciplined and oriented in practice of and adherence to process and procedures.
- Practical experience with Cisco Meraki, and Cisco Nexus platform a plus
- Must be achievement orientated and possess problem solving skills including conceptual and analytical thinking.
- Capable of working on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Possess ability of exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Cary , Senior Network Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!