Sr Technical Architect
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: March 13, 2019
As a Technical Architect , you will provide customer facing implementation services to new and existing SAS customers, as well as develop enablement and implementation assets for the SAS Consulting Team within the SAS Education Practice. You are expected to have a broad and strong technical background and should excel at solving business problems by applying technology. You may be required to build software solutions, support the sales activities to help maximize revenue opportunities, or provide support to other areas of the organization as needed.
Your responsibilities will also include:
* Implementing SAS solutions as required by the specific customer situation.
* Involvement in all phases of the implementation including requirements, architecture/design, installation, development, testing and training.
* Evaluating customer requirements and compiling design documentation as well as architecting solutions to ensure successful customer implementations.
* Facilitating workshops to gather requirements and assess gaps in requirements or level of detail required to properly scope and plan implementations.
* Providing reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, products, and technologies.
* Scoping and defining work efforts, resource planning, and estimating cost on phases/projects. Conducting requirements gathering.
* Providing input to project team to define scope and work effort for assigned tasks; and other duties, as assigned.
* Provide SAS Consulting Methodology and Solution Collateral to support software and consulting sales..
* Working on RFP/RFI and other pre-sales opportunities.
* Developing and maintaining internal applications and tools.
* Design and implement prototypes for use in pre-sales activities.
* Developing implementation scoping methodologies and approaches.
* Support launch of new solutions, including interfacing with R&D, Product Management, Product Marketing, Tech Support, and other groups.
* Creating best practice documents for implementing SAS solutions.
* Participate in product and solution training to maintain a detailed level of product knowledge.
* Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate with users with various technical backgrounds
* Demonstrated use of good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for designing complex architectures
* Good understanding of data warehousing and/or business intelligence implementations
* Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills
* Strong facilitation and communications skills
* Ability to conceptualize clients needs and translate into specific implementation strategies and technical requirements
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Ability to compile project artifacts such as requirements and design documentation as well as estimate project effort and durations
* Deep understanding of the complexity of working with or within the Public Sector
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Experience with at a minimum of one or more of the following: SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence Platform, SAS Data Management Platform, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Viya
* Experience with architecting SAS solutions and implementing complex installations
* Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching
* Experience implementing various web encryption methods such as SSL
* Data warehousing/data mart experience loading data into Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, Teradata, etc.
* Knowledge of HDFS and Hadoop ecosystem products
* Experience with Enterprise SAS products and solutions
* Experience working with or within the K-12 or Higher Education Sector
* Excellent working knowledge of Windows and Linux/Unix operating systems
* Travel as business requirements dictate at management and customer discretion
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Sr Technical Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!