Front End Software Engineer
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Job DescriptionWhat We Do: We build web applications that help
businesses set strategy and make decisions about compensation. We
work collaboratively in an agile manner; we develop innovative
solutions; we use and contribute to the best open source software
components available for the job; we peer review and test our code;
we automate our CI/CD pipelines; and we deploy frequently to our
customer-facing cloud environments. We love data, and we love
building software that makes working with data easier.What You Do:
As a member of this team, you will work closely with product,
design, and other full-stack engineers to build compelling,
beautifully presented user experiences that support managers in all
things compensation. You will help guide the front-end architecture
and contribute to a front-end platform and services spanning
multiple products and teams.Day-in-the-Life: As a Software
Engineer, a typical day may include the following
- Plenty of keyboard time working on front-end code and
- Working in two-week Agile sprints.
- Providing quality and thoughtful feedback on peer code
reviews.First Year in Role:
- Month 3: Partnering with your teammates, you have completed a
couple handfuls of bug fixes and feature changes. Your changes will
be live in production making a positive impact for our
- Month 6: At this point, you have completely ramped up on the
team with the ability to pick up any task on the sprint board and
complete it on your own from start to finish.
- Month 12: You are fully integrated into the PayScale
engineering organization and you are an authority in the projects,
services, and processes that we own as a
- 4+ years of web application software engineering
- You have a solid grasp of Web Fundamentals.
- You have familiarity or experience with React and Redux or
- You have experience with Node. js and REST APIs.
- You have familiarity/experience with unit testing and crafting
- You can explain technical concepts to developers, project
managers, and technical managers.
- You have the ability and desire to work with a collaborative
and supportive team of people solving complex problems.Tools:
- We write our back-end code in Node. js, Python, SQL.
- We utilize a data layer of Postgres, Elasticsearch, and
- We deploy code to Docker / Kubernetes in the cloud (AWS and
- We track all our work in Jira and store all our git
repositories in Bitbucket.Additional InformationPayScale provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability,
genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a
covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws
governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities.Benefits We Offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums
for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Flexible Spending Account options for pre-tax employee
allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care (can be used towards
day care), Transit.
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid
- Generous Parental Leave, 4-12 weeks
- 10 paid holidays
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401k with company match, vests immediatelyI'm interested
Keywords: PayScale, Cary , Front End Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!