Technical Consultant - Smart Communities & Venues IoT
Posted on: May 18, 2019
The PS Senior Consultant will be responsible for the high level
design, level of effort scoping, pricing, and management of partner
selection in support of Verizon Smart Communities and Venues (IoT)
products. Additional responsibilities include tasks such as
opportunity tracking and reporting, management of transitioning
sold engagements to delivery, development of scoping tools and
guidelines, and assisting with internal initiatives in the
development of new products and processes.In this role, you'll be
- Develop trusted technical advisor relationships with internal
- Consistently demonstrate the value of Verizon Network PS by
identifying areas of improvement for the Network PS team,
maintaining a high level of quality and professionalism within
assigned tasks, and increasing organizational exposure through
direct engagement with pre and post sales organizations in multiple
- Provide senior leadership both within the Network PS team as
well as within assigned engagements.
- Evolve and support the growth of the network PS practice
through offering development, engagement with partner vendors to
identify and vet new technologies and proposed solutions, and
assisting with the vetting of potential team members.
- Sustain a leadership role within team through mentorship,
sharing experience and knowledge through technical sessions, and
leading by example, both through professional interactions and the
continued pursuit of expert level knowledge within multiple
- Accept individual ownership of critical issues, creatively
thinking through to develop resolutions.What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Professional level industry certifications within the network
engineering field such as CCNP or relevant.
- Experience with Internet of Things solutions, design, and
deployment in areas such as intelligent video, public safety,
intelligent lighting, big data processing, etc.Even better if you
- A Bachelor's degree or eight or more years of experience.
- Six or more years of relevant technical management
- Professional or lower level industry technical certifications
such as CCNP (any track), CCNA (any track), JNCIP (any track),
- Certifications and/or significant exposure in other technical
areas such as MCSE, CEH, security, UC, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and interest in, emerging
technologies such as 5G, IoT, SDN, NFV, etc.
- Experience with any of the following: cellular WAN technologies
and solutions, WAN optimization, Wireless LAN, datacenter
technologies (load balancers, datacenter switching, etc.),
virtualization technologies and concepts (Hypervisors,
orchestration, software defined datacenter, NFV, etc.), security
appliances and concepts (firewalls, IPS/IDS, identity management,
access controls, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in solution design -ability to lead a
design-related discussion with leading questions to fully vet
solution requirements and develop a proposed design fulfilling said
requirements, identify potential impacts of a given design
recommendation, knowledge of other technologies and their network
requirements/impact, ability to produce comprehensive yet
understandable technical documentation (design document, diagrams,
- Demonstrated expertise in correlating business drivers and
needs (financial drivers, impacts, and restrictions) into technical
solutions, on proposed solutions.
- Demonstrated communication and relational skills - ability to
form a trusted advisor relationships, capability to listen and
guide a technical discussion, capability to clearly articulate
- Ability to work independently; ability to take high level
direction and proactively move a project or internal initiative
from start to finish with minimal assistance.
- Ability perform a wide variety of technical and organizational
tasks and lead or direct the work of others.
- Demonstrated history of mentoring less experienced engineers
while maintaining productive relationships with peers.
- Interest in other technical areas of data communications with a
demonstrated desire to proactively learn new, or increase existing,
skillset(s).22CyberOPSWhen you join Verizon... You'll be doing work
that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way
people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond
powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading
the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of
Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of
course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about
more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own
path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or
numbers, find your future at Verizon.Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Cary , Technical Consultant - Smart Communities & Venues IoT, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!