VOIP Support Specialist
Posted on: May 19, 2019
What you'll be doing...
You'll be responsible for end-to-end trouble isolation and repair
for customers of Verizon's Voice products experiencing complex
issues across CPE, LAN, WAN and PSTN networks.
- Troubleshoot issues related to quality, completion, routing,
interoperability and connectivity across local, long distance, and
- Troubleshoot different layers in the OSI model.
- Understand and leverage network topologies and workflows
- Work with SS7 signaling and strong foundations of SIP messaging
and call flows.
- Engage with general router functionality such as router
configurations, troubleshooting commands, etc.
- Keep up-to-date with technology changes and continually expand
knowledge and skill sets.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience
- Three or more years of relevant work experience
- Two or more years of Voice and/or VOIP technical support
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and
weekends as necessary.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience in a related technical support environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with
different types of stakeholders.
- Knowledge with network standard analyzers such as Wireshark and
SIP ladder diagrams.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task independently.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Cary , VOIP Support Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!