Technical Solutions Training Consultant - Development and Delivery
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: July 10, 2019
As a Technical Solutions Training Consultant - Development and
Delivery, you will be responsible for developing and delivering
solutions-based curriculum training, focusing on SAS Risk
solutions. Teaches public and/or customer onsite training sessions
in the classroom and remotely using live web technology. Develops
technical content and multimedia demonstrations and presentations
involving user applications software, technical concepts, and
* Conducts internal, public classroom training, and workshops at
company training centers, third-party classrooms and customer
* Delivers public and customer onsite training sessions and remote
live web classes
* Develops e-lecture and self-paced multimedia materials as
* Assists other instructors during workshops for training
* Participates in course development projects and preparation of
* Tests and maintains training software as needed.
* Writes programs using SAS or other software for a variety of
* Works on special projects, which may include external consulting
* May review and edit technical documentation as needed.
* May serve as curriculum consultant to direct students into
correct training path
* Creation and expansion of relevant, usable and useful assets in
curriculum areas assigned.
* Ability to work with Education or other SAS stakeholders to get
images built (timely for software release) and populated with
proper and legally usable data for demos and exercises providing a
holistic and appropriate education experience.
* May serve as Live Web technical support technician
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Functional knowledge of SAS software products and solutions, with
a focus on Risk.
* Specialized knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
reporting requirements for CECL, credit risk management in capital
planning, capital forecasting, CCAR/DFAST stress testing, Risk
Modeling, and Finance & Accounting
* Excellent presentation and writing skills
* SAS programming skills
* Strong curriculum areas assigned background for the creation and
delivery of the appropriate assets for provision of a holistic
* Must train and mentor team members locally and dotted line
* Ability to travel as is required in servicing customer
* Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
* Ability to effectively communicate with users with various
technical backgrounds including experienced programmers
* Working knowledge of training methodologies, curriculum
development, and training media
* Working knowledge of company s products and application areas
* Professional appearance and presentation skills
Education and Experience Required:
* Bachelor s Degree in Education, Business, Computer Science or
another related quantitative field
* Experience programming in a language, such as SAS; including
experience in classroom teaching or corporate training
* Experience in technology areas such as application development,
client/server, database management systems, data warehousing, or
* Experience leading projects.
* Familiarity with risk assessment, financial reporting, and
regulatory filing requirements in the US banking industry.
* Knowledge of current and emerging regulatory and supervisory
perspectives as well as industry best practices in credit risk and
* Globally recognized certifications such as PMI, GARP FRM and the
willingness to achieve additional certifications.
* Work location: Cary, NC
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core
values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values
that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total
candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills,
problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators.
Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be
considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this
position will be determined based on the applicant's education,
skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they
are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may
require access to technology or software subject to export or
import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may
obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for
employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow
us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Technical Solutions Training Consultant - Development and Delivery, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!