Lead Technical Engineer
Posted on: July 15, 2019
What you'll be doing...
When our customers have a major technology incident that impacts
their critical applications and services, you'll be there to take
charge and manage the situation. You will be responsible for
driving multiple activities to restore services in a way that meets
or exceeds customer expectations. Your role will be pivotal to make
sure that the incident management process work as planned and that
we learn from these situations to continually improve.
- Leading and managing our Incident Management process including
creating and updating all supporting documentation, and providing
both technical and management progress updates.
- Performing (contributing to) initial triage and failure
assessment of data and voice network infrastructure, applications,
- Coordinating activities and engaging Verizon resources as
needed during Data and Voice network infrastructure incidents.
- Coordinating and driving all activities during the incident on
the incident bridge to quickly restore services.
- Ensuring status updates are provided to company leadership and
customers during recovery activities.
- Overseeing post incident debrief meetings to identify root
causes and engage vendors.
- Ensuring that event details are gathered to provide necessary
communications to customer and internal teams.
- Ensuring that scenario based escalation lists are established,
maintained and implemented as appropriate.
- Provide daily guidance and direction to NOC team to include
technical troubleshooting advice & assistance, or process and
What we're looking for...
You have somewhat advanced skills in Cisco router and switch
administration, with applied knowledge of Routing concepts and
configurations, understanding of Security (Firewall, Proxy, ACL,
etc.) concepts and architectures, and understanding of IP Voice
systems & applications. Strong knowledge and experience with
incident and problem resolution processes. With great independence
in these skills you perform well under pressure and can manage
multiple operational activities. You work well independently as
well collaboratively with diverse business teams, vendors and
You'll need to have:
- Associate's degree or three or more years of work
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Cisco Router/routing, switch/switching
administration and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of Wide and Local Area Network designs, concepts,
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and
weekends as necessary.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Cisco Networking, Voice Certification(s).
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Cisco Voice,
Security appliance or Applications support.
- Experience in managing large scale technology incidents.
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Cary , Lead Technical Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!