Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
MetLifes Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer of Enterprise
Human Resources IT Systems is responsible for partnering with IT
Executives, business leaders, and third party vendors to lead HR
transformation projects. Our team of top-notch software engineers
is joining forces with MetLifes Enterprise Big Data Analytics and
Machine Learning platform to enable the next generation of
analytics. The right candidate for this position should have
experience with the analytics platforms (i.e. OBIEE, PowerBI,
QlikView), data integration technologies (ETL, Spark), and data
modeling/design in various technologies (RDBMS, HIVE, Graph.) This
candidate will combine their existing experience, eagerness to
learn and motivation to evolve MetLifes Human Resources and
Employee Experience analytics platforms.
- Partner with IT and business leads to define projects,
collecting requirements, leading efforts to build and deploy new
- Participate in solution architecture and design to meet
business objectives while evolving our next generation data
- Create and maintain ETL specifications and process
documentation to produce the required deliverables (i.e. data
profiling, source to target maps, ETL flows).
- Analyze data from multiple systems of record and apply that
knowledge during data design and modeling
- Defines logical and physical data models.
- Create and maintains semantic model to enable end-user
- Assign and track progress of our off-shore development
- Troubleshoots and resolves data, system and performance
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelors Degree required
- 5+ years software development experience in one or more of the
following areas: Business Analytics, ETL, Data Warehouse
- Background in computer science, data science and
- Experience with statistical programming languages/packages for
analysis and data mining Python, R, SAS, Scala, Alteryx
- Experience with analytics platforms i.e. OBIEE, Oracle Data
Visualizer, Tableau, PowerBI, QlickView
- Experience using formal test planning and design
- Ability to manage through competing priorities
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technical
specifications and executable deliverables.
- Ability to self-start and self-motivate
- Experience working with Big Data Technologies (HDFS, Hive,
Spark), Graph DBs or Document DBs
- Experience with artificial intelligence, including machine
learning and predictive analytics
- Experience implementing Oracle Analytics BI Applications
- Dimensional modeling skills
- Proven skill in optimizing data loads, reporting efficiency and
maintenance using appropriate ODI, DDL and RPD designs preferably
in an Oracle database environment
- Experience with Smart export and import features is a
- One year of experience working with Cloud based
- Experience with IBM Tivoli/Maestro Scheduler
- Experience leading small and medium sized projects
- Minimum one year experience managing off-shore developers.
- Minimum one year experience in Agile methodology: Scrum,
Kanban, Lean, etc.
At MetLife, were leading the global transformation of an industry
weve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, were
dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance
of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to
ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or
harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status,
genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member
or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will
be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you
will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have
successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 108457
Keywords: MetLife, Cary , Senior Business Intelligence Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!