Senior Software Developer
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
MetLifes Sr. Software Developer will be a part of a
transformational technology project with an expanding team in Cary,
NC. The Sr. Software Developer is responsible for partnering with
Sr. HR Leaders, third party vendors and IT Executives to lead
global HR transformation projects at MetLife with the goal of
attracting, developing and retaining talent across the
organization. The Sr. Software Developer will be a part of an
organization that is evolving and be seen as a leader in
technology. This position will be a part of a fast pace IT team
leveraging the newly implemented Oracle HCM to support employee
hire to retire lifecycle (supporting all processes for HR, Hire,
Learning, Pay, Benefits, Etc from an IT presepective) and
interfaces of over 200 internal and external policy
administrations. Come join a team that is building a legacy at
MetLife within technology!
- Actively participate in Oracle HCM implementation activities
including initial research, design, setup, development and
- Evaluate/Implement technical solutions supporting recruiting,
payroll and benefits administration, talent development,
performance management, and workforce analytic
- Work with Functional Experts to translate user requirements
into Technical Specifications
- Partner with internal business process owners, technical team
members, and senior management throughout the project life
- Act as the intermediary to facilitate a clear understanding
among all parties about business assumptions and requirements,
design, technical, testing, and production migration
- Drive the resolution and troubleshooting of issues during
development and post production support.
- Responsible to Support Day-to-day business enhancements
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
related field required
- Prior lead role or project management experience
- Software development experience in one or more of the following
languages: PeopleSoft, java, .net, HCM extracts, SQL
- Prior experience with cloud implementation
- Experience with SaaS HR Solutions
- Ability to manage systems testing including unit, QA, end to
end and user acceptance testing
- Familiar with technology landscape supporting web and mobile
delivery and integration solutions such as Informatica.
- Experience managing vendors to SLAs.
- Experience with software development life cycle and related
activities to the implementation and maintenance of HR systems
- Proven experience collaborating with peers to establish best
practices to achieve high service levels.
- Experience with MS Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and
related project delivery utilities.
At MetLife, were leading the global transformation of an industry
weve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, were
dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance
of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to
ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or
harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status,
genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member
or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will
be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you
will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have
successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 108653
Keywords: MetLife, Cary , Senior Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!