Senior Manager of Project Management
Posted on: August 17, 2019
What you'll be doing...
The Senior Manager of Project Management will manage and oversee a
team responsible for all Verizon transition activities for major
customer outsourcing projects. This position is responsible for
delivery commitments and resources worldwide to ensure
profitability for VZ is achieved, customer satisfaction is met, and
global corporate policies are adhered to. Specifics include:
- Provide coaching, development and support to project team
members and peers.
- Support Verizon Credo through adherence to company policies,
processes and practices.
- Oversee all VZB transition related activities worldwide and
across all delivery organizations.
- Regular and proactive customer communications to ensure all
customer concerns are addressed readily.
- Oversee all transition and transformation planning, execution,
reporting and related escalation management.
- Oversee all TPV support globally, requirements, costs,
deliverables and contract performance related to the project.
- Define and manage project activities to meet VZ goals for
- Develop and manage deliverables to plan.
- Ensure all processes are documented and efficiently working for
- Participate and oversee that all relevant governance meetings
are held within contract framework.
- Maintain and publish status for all projects in progress.
- Ensure all reports are developed and distributed as required by
- Ensure and oversee that customer billing is properly created
and sent in a timely manner as applicable.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Seven or more years Project Management experience.
- Experience with deploying and delivering complex
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to foster relationships and present to C-Levels within
the Client Organization.
- Enterprise Client experience.
- Financial Business acumen.
- ITIL Foundations v3, Project Management Professional (PMP)
Certification, or ITIL Advanced/Intermediate Certification.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office product suite, including
PowerPoint, Excel & Word.
- Knowledge with Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) and network
- Experience in Service Management related to Network, Managed
Services, CPE, Security, Applications, Hosted / DCS Services, IT
Services, Unified Communications.
- Leadership skills & capabilities.
- Ability to manage and negotiate with required internal and
- Ability to have completed multiple, complex technical
- Experience with Telecommunication/IT Outsourcing.
- International experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Clarity.
- Experience in customer enablement tools.
- Willingness to travel.
- Technical skills certification:
- Cisco Sales Expert (CSE)
- Cisco Security Implementation Specialist (CSIS)
- Cisco Certified Network Admin (CCNA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Master's Certificate in Project Management (ESI)
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Cary , Senior Manager of Project Management, IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!