Senior SAS Technical Architect(Business Analyst)
Posted on: September 13, 2019
About us: Stratacent is all about delivering world-class IT
solutions that are perfectly aligned to client needs, no matter how
complex they may be. We are highly focused on our customers and our
primary goal is to exceed expectations with every client who
partners with us, with solutions that are innovative, practical and
versatile enough to take their business to the next level. We
follow the highest standards of professional ethics, delivering
quality on time every time. Across every project, we strive to
deliver reliable, scalable and agile solutions to clients'
technology needs integrating our core values of excellence,
commitment, collaboration and creativity. Our offsite development
center is located at 101 Hudson Street, Jersey City, NJ a building
covering 1.25 million square feet of space in a "Class A office
tower 42 stories high, looming over the Hudson River/NYC Skyline
and just 10 minutes from Wall Street in lower Manhattan. We
recently celebrated Stratacent - Holiday Networking Event 2018 in
December with our team, customers and friends at the Hotel Mandarin
(short video and some pics) Position Senior SAS Technical
Architect(Business Analyst) Location Cary, NC Job Description
- Minimum of 8+ years' experience architecting and administering
SAS 9.4 and SAS 9.X platform environments on Linux, Unix and
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize,
analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with
attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Knowledge of SAS products and solutions.
- Experience with architecting and administering different SAS
Solutions is a major plus. Extensive experience with SAS
version\release upgrades. Extensive experience with SAS migrations
for major releases between SAS releases. Extensive experience with
SAS migrations between operating systems.
- Strong Experience with Relational Data Bases Management Systems
(RDBMS) databases preferred. ie, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2,
- Experience administrating three tier, multi-server
- Experience with Cloud technology/infrastructure
- Proficient in Linux, Unix and Windows environments.
- Experience performing and scheduling regular backups of the
Metadata Server and physical files; Implement best practices for
- Understanding of Agile and the Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to work in cross-function teams across operational
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in technical infrastructure support and management,
including installation of software and maintaining and enhancing a
server environment for end users.
- Experience with Unix and Linux concepts, including commands,
scripts, permissions, and file systems
- Oversee and apply SAS maintenance releases, upgrades and hot
fixes as needed.
- Monitor utilization logs to assist in performance tuning of the
SAS applications and server environments.
- Strong understanding and management security model of User,
Groups and Roles.
- Maintain or revise existing platform security via SAS Metadata
and Server. Major responsibilities
- Work with management and senior technical architects to
prioritize customer modernization needs
- Complete checklists to assess impacted customers
- Work across multiple teams in Sales, IT, and Data Management to
assess hosting architecture requirements
- Evaluate popular SAS solution categories, collect their
workload requirements, and produce generalized hosting
- Communicate recommendations regarding hardware selection,
networking requirements, and storage sizing to business
- Assist in scoping and defining work efforts, resource plans,
and estimating cost on projects
- Hands-on experience as a SAS administrator of the 9.4 suite in
a Linux environment performing system monitoring, log analysis,
performance analysis, performance tuning and capacity
- Experience using SAS Management Console (SMC). o Creating and
- Experience Monitoring Logs from within SMC.
- Experience defining Servers and changing server
- Experience creating SAS, RDBMS libraries (MS SQL SERVER)
- Security and Authentication (related to the access of source
data within SAS on the SAS servers across the different business
organizations as well as SAS integration with tools such as Active
Directory/LDAP/) across multiple SAS products.
- SAS/Access products and configuring to connect RDBMS
- Working knowledge of LSF for deployment and scheduling of
- Ability to install hot fixes, service packs, upgrades as well
as add-on software components.
- Understand basic Linux commands that will enable you to monitor
SAS jobs, ability to move around in a Linux environment as required
for basic functioning of SAS and a good understanding of how Linux
and SAS are integrated.
- Thorough understanding of SAS products and how they work
together in an environment.
- Understanding server security and folders and how they relate
to SAS folders and security
- Experience in troubleshooting SAS Platform and client issues to
- Good written and spoken communications skills in English and
thought-leadership skills Employee Benefits Premium Health
Insurance Premium Vision Plan Premium Dental Plan Short-Term
Disability Plan Long Term Disability Plan Life Insurance Paid Time
Off Continuous Learning Program Stratacent is an equal opportunity
employer. As such, to the extent defined by federal, state, and
municipal law, Stratacent will not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, handicap, or
any other factor protected by law. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Stratacent, Cary , Senior SAS Technical Architect(Business Analyst), IT / Software / Systems , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!