Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist
Company: Abb Holdings Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future
where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the
digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation
spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused,
globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial
Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported
by the ABB Ability&trade: digital platform. ABB's Power Grids
business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more
than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com .
ABB is seeking a Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist for its
Cary, North Carolina location. This role perform relevant Accounts
Payable/Receivable tasks as a committed team member to meet the
needs of ABB's core business partners and to contribute to ABB's
vision of a world class Accounts Payable/Receivable department for
the Accounting Center, identify and drive best in class processes
in Accounts Payable/Receivable field. The job requires an
individual with specialized subject matter expertise in complex
accounting scenarios and other related functions (i.e. BasWare,
Oracle, JP Morgan, line-level matching, eInvoicing, GRIR and data
analysis). The individual will also act as a point of contact the
Accounts Payable/Receivable Team for level II inquiries; give input
on decisions that have considerable impact and consequences
involving highly specialized and technical areas requiring
application and interpretation of data, facts, procedures, policy
- Perform necessary activities / tasks within the Accounts
Payable/Receivable department to ensure accurate and timely
- Actively seek opportunities to improve processes and to
standardize and harmonize processes across the country
- Prepare business recommendations based on analysis of business
trends and root causes.
- Perform analysis of specific Accounts Payable/Receivable
accounts on a regular basis and take appropriate action when
- Complies with and help to achieve internal SOX control and
Internal Audit requirements in Invoice Processing for applicable
- Supports AP/AR Supervisors as required with activities such as
customer training, communication and escalation of issues within
senior analyst's job scope.
- Support projects including but not limited to creation of test
plan, testing and execution, project scope validation, assessments
and end user impact.
- Applies the ABB Group Accounting standards, complies with ABB's
Accounting and Reporting Guidelines, local GAAP policies, and
complies with ABB Group Charter.
- Commits to a culture of learning.
- Provide information and technical support in the development
and revision of policies and software applications.
- Participate in cross-functional projects.
- Maintain procedures, relevant work instructions and process
- Responsible for monitoring timelines to meet strict deadlines
for all assigned tasks.
- Interact with various levels of management within and outside
of the group; internal and external constituents (business units
- Research and resolve complex invoice and payment issues for
both internal and external constituents (business units and
- Works within the internal control environment for the Accounts
- Perform Ad-Hoc request from management.
- Meets commitments and delivers high quality services to all
- Commits to and deliver professional ownership of service
- Commits to customer focus and customer satisfaction to ensure
business partners and suppliers are provided the service levels
- Identifies best practice and communicates that to
- Commits to supporting colleagues and team goals with respect to
workflows, processing requirements, projects and other activities
- Act as back-up to others Account Payable Analysts.
- Participates in special projects as necessary to support the
Invoice Processing, Disbursement and Accounts Payable
- Contributes to team spirit and ownership of processes.
- Contributes to development and training of other team
- Supports and participate in safety, compliance, business
ethics, Group Charter, communications and other related
- A minimum of 5 years of experience accounts payable, accounts
receivable, order entry, inventory management, general accounting,
and/or partner master data.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field, or
equivalent work experience.
- A strong sense of integrity and commitment to confidentiality
- Ability to apply advanced analytical and critical thinking
skills to daily work activities.
- Credit card processing experience
- Goal oriented and "Can Do" approach to assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative
- Drive to accept and seek out feedback to improve work
- Knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting and
internal control procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedication and commitment.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance competing
- Demonstrates ability to understand the issues facing a business
and successfully collaborate with the business to identify root
causes and provide resolution.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively direct and prioritize
multiple and complex projects to completion within deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Oracle.
- Advanced knowledge in the Microsoft suite of software packages
(Excel and Word).
- SCM knowledge.
- Knowledge of ABB Group Accounting standards and local
- Invoice Processing Workflow.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive
forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable
future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the
power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and
learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself
every day. Let's write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action
Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion,
sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave
status, or protected veterans status. For more information
regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a
particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may
request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in
your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your
disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an
ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to
US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in
Keywords: Abb Holdings Inc, Cary , Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist, Other , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!