Provides patient care within the scope of practice for the
licensed Registered Nurse. Facilitates patient flow and assists
with prioritization of work assignments.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and
2. Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the
scope of practice for the Registered Nurse, to include patient
assessment, assisting with exams and procedures, administering
medications, and patient education.
3. Processes orders, returns patient calls, and notifies of
diagnostic results as directed by the physician.
4. Appropriately documents care provided in the patient's
5. Facilitates effective patient flow and assists with
prioritization of work assignments.
6. Assists with the maintenance of adequate levels of supplies
and performs and documents medical equipment safety checks.
7. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics.
Recognizes, supports and utilizes evidence based nursing
8. Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory
guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention
policies and procedures. Participates in unit based performance
9. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting
with patients, families, and visitors. Exhibits effective
communication and team work.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Licensed to practice as Registered Nurse in North Carolina.
BCLS certification required.
Diploma, Associate Degree (ADN) or Bachelors Degree (BSN) from
an accredited school of Nursing. Previous experience in physician
office, urgent care, emergency department preferred.