Business Analytics Specialist - Analytics and Collaboratives
Company: UNC Health Care Systems
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000
diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and
well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Business Analytics Specialist provides business intelligence
support to UNC Health statewide clinically integrated network. The
primary purpose is to provide data driven insights and actionable
information to our clinical practices and operational teams to be a
change agent for improvement, efficiency and best practices.
- Builds strong consultative relationships, establishing value as
a key business partner for information. Performs as a data insights
advisor to the Business. Provide data models that generate
operational and strategic insights to inform short and long term
business objectives. Function as a liaison between project
stakeholders and ISD. Synthesize information from a variety of
internal and external sources to support actionable business
- Ensure the highest level of data integrity and security across
UNC Health's business intelligence portfolio. Supports information
requests from inception to delivery including defending results and
- Demonstrates efficient project management to clearly define
projects, develop project plans, and set priorities for working
- Drafts reporting requirements and engages ISD development
partners to implement solutions. Ensures ad-hoc reporting requests
are captured, prioritized and where possible create standardized
dynamic reports to meet ad hoc reporting needs. Simplify reporting
delivery and usage wherever possible. Ensures consistent output
formatting across all reporting solutions.
- Translates customer data questions and requirements into
actionable analytic score cards, dashboards, reports in support of
financial and quality improvement projects and initiatives and tell
a story with the data. Leads the development of effective key
performance indicators, management dashboards and balanced
scorecards that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline.
- Three (3) years of experience performing analytics.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills along with ability
to work with large, disparate data sets, performing data mining,
validation and analysis to trend and interpret information.
- Excellent communication skills and able to interpret and tell
the story of the data.
- Experience managing multiple and competing tasks/priorities
with delivery deadlines in fast paced, complex environment.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy and must maintain
excellent communications with customers especially with regard to
data and information request and status.
- Proven experience distilling, breaking down and communicating
complex data and information into insights that drive decisive
action for nontechnical audiences.
- Demonstrated use of Tableau, Business Objects, Excel, Access
and PowerPoint are critical.
Keywords: UNC Health Care Systems, Cary , Business Analytics Specialist - Analytics and Collaboratives, Other , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!