Position: Nursing - Clinical Instructor for WakeMed Raleigh
Department: College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
Our goal is to have a consistent group of excellent clinical
instructor faculty who work with students each semester. This
consistency promotes excellence by allowing the instructor to be
familiar with the program standards, course outcomes, clinical
expectations, faculty and students. The expectation of Campbell
University employees is support of the mission statement.
The preferred candidate will have strong communication, detail,
organization and computer skills. The preferred candidate should
have experience within the institution sponsoring the clinical
group as well as women's health needs. The individual will meet
specific clinical agency requirements as indicated by the
Contractual: Semester Basis Fall 2021 Saturday Rotation, 6:30
am- 7:00 pm. Clinical dates are October 23-December 4, 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate and teach client care in clinical units to nursing
students and instructs in the principles and application of
physical, biological, and psychological subjects related to
- Promote a learning environment that demonstrates trust, respect
and inclusivity for the students.
- Supervise student nurses and demonstrate client care in
clinical units of hospital.
- Evaluate student learning, progress and clinical reasoning
skills as identified in the Clinical Evaluation Tool.
- Maintain records of student clinical experience.
- Provide input in course planning, clinical schedule, and course
- Arrange with the Course Director a mechanism for routine
communication exchanges (virtual or face-to-face).
- guidance on teaching activities and approaches
- clarification on level of learner
- Role model professional behaviors.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with the healthcare team so
that the presence of students and their activities are supportive
of the unit's goals and needs.
- Assist the student in integration of theory and practice,
specific to the course's learning activities and level of the
- Be available at all times for the student in the clinical
- Participate as a member of the course team in the development
and evaluation activities with the Course Director.
- Provide timely and ongoing feedback to the student and Course
Director regarding individual student and group performance in
accomplishment of the course's outcomes.
- Provide feedback to the Course Director regarding the clinical
setting's effectiveness in supporting student accomplishment of the
course and program outcomes.
- Submit student and clinical agency evaluations in a timely
- Liaison between the clinical agency and the Catherine Wood
School of Nursing.
- Participate in the Clinical Instructor Orientation prior to the
start of the semester.
- Complies with all agency requirements specific to credentialing
and orientation process.
- Uphold and abide by Campbell University policies and
procedures, including, but not limited to; Title IX, and
Information Security including HIPAA, FERPA and other state and
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be
assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Full and part time nurse faculty (Clinical Instructor) shall
hold either a baccalaureate in nursing or a graduate degree in
nursing from an accredited institution
- Two calendar years or the equivalent of full time clinical
experience as a registered nurse
- Provide evidence of a current unencumbered license as
registered nurse in North Carolina
- Recent work experience with pediatrics population
- Recent work experience at WakeMed Hospital as a clinical
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communicate effectively to all groups through both oral and
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and the
ability to learn and utilize new and emerging technology
- Demonstrate tact, a positive attitude, courtesy and discretion
in dealing with faculty, staff, students, university officials and
- Work independently as well as function effectively in a team
and within a diverse group of people
- Exercise independent judgment in complex and new
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects, and meet strict
- Detail-oriented and willing to work in a changing
- This position requires honesty, integrity, accuracy and the
ability to work within the Christian mission of Campbell
To Apply For This Position:
Campbell University is unable to accept paper or email
applications. Interested parties may submit their candidacy by
clicking on the "Apply Now" button below, or, if you are viewing
this posting via an outside source, visit us online at http://www.campbell.edu/employment/
to apply. IMPORTANT: A cover letter, CV or resume, and contact
information for three professional references are requested as part
of the application process. Applications without these attachments
may be considered incomplete. If you have any questions, or if you
are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing
an application for employment contact the Human Resources
Department at 910-893-1256 or email email@example.com.
Campbell University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Campbell University maintains a continuing policy of
nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal
opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in
compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and
regulations. Accordingly, the University is committed to
administering all educational and employment activities without
discrimination as to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, ethnicity or national origin, religion, disability,
genetic information, protected veteran status and any other
characteristic protected by law, except where appropriate and
authorized by law. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include,
but not be limited to, the following employment decisions and
practices: hiring; upgrading; promotions; demotions or transfers;
layoffs; recalls; terminations; rates of pay or other forms of
compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and
recruitment or recruitment advertising.
Employees and applicants of Campbell University will not be
subjected to any form of harassment or discrimination for
exercising rights protected by, or because of their participation
in, an investigation or compliance review related to Title VII of
the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment
Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Executive Order 11246,
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, the Veterans
Employment Opportunities Act of 1998, or any other federal or state
nondiscrimination law, rule, or regulation.
Campbell University also maintains affirmative action programs
to implement our equal employment opportunity policy. Employees or
applicants who wish to review appropriate portions of these
affirmative action programs may schedule an appointment to do so by
contacting Human Resources at the Buies Creek campus, during normal