Manager, Project Management
Posted on: July 19, 2021
In this role, you will manage the Contracts Team as an integral
part of Raleigh Operations, providing strategic direction, planning
and administration of all project management resources in alignment
with the overall site business objectives and within the
department’s operational budget. Participate as a proactive member
of the Raleigh Site Leadership Team. Develop the team’s core
Project Management, Order Management and Customer Service
The Manager, Contracts will provide leadership, strategic and
tactical direction to the site Contracts Team, including Project
Management and Order Fulfillment (Sales Service Representatives),
in support of the Raleigh business objectives. The Contracts Team
is responsible for managing the successful achievement of all
contractual obligations for major engineered valve orders
(projects) executed by the Raleigh site. This includes complete
ownership and accountability for the execution of projects and
orders from receipt through final payment and/or warranty periods,
including all tactical, technical, commercial, and administrative
elements of the work.
• Support project and order managers sustaining customer
relationships; participate negotiations with customers to resolve
issues or reach a successful conclusion.
• Drive adherence to the established execution work process and
effective utilization of a project management system to proactively
monitor and analyze key aspects of the execution of the project
work. Provide operational oversight of the day-to-day execution of
the project management program, includes schedule adherence,
budget compliance, change management, technical and quality
compliance, project financial performance, and risk assessment and
• Integrate global Flowserve project management processes into
Raleigh site-specific procedures. Maintain a strong cadence of
communication to key Flowserve stakeholders to ensure all parties
are kept informed regarding the status of the project management
program and portfolio performance (OTD, margins, COPQ, past due
backlog, etc.) Effectively communicate financial performance of the
portfolio of projects to internal stakeholders.
• Develop, implement, and track continuous improvement activities
that are designed to drive operational effectiveness & efficiency
within the project execution work process.
• Proactively direct the allocation and assignment of all Contracts
Team resources and ensure personnel capability and capacity are
sufficient to support the short-term and long-term requirements of
the Raleigh site.
• Ensure the function of project execution and the work produced
for all projects and orders are in compliance with the site quality
manual, the applicable regulatory code requirements, and with all
relevant Flowserve policies and procedures.
• Manage the Contracts Team resources at the Raleigh site including
identifying, attracting, hiring, developing and retaining project
management resources that align with, and support the Flowserve
talent management philosophy. This includes all facets of talent
acquisition, resource performance management, succession planning,
and employee development (coaching, mentoring, training, etc.)
• Actively communicate with the FCO Director of Project Management
and proactively participate with the continued development,
deployment and implementation of best practices in project
management and enable.
• Participate and support the acquisition of new work activity as
required, to achieve Raleigh’s business objectives.
• 4-year degree in an engineering or directly related
business field, 15+ years of project management experience.
• Sound working knowledge and familiarity with contract terms and
conditions for customer-facing projects with a solid understanding
of the risks and commercial impact related to contract
• Demonstrated business acumen and experience with project
financial management including budgeting, cost analysis and
managing project profitability (margins) as an integral part of
achieving the organization’s business and financial objectives.
• Proactive in initiating, developing and sustaining effective
• Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience in developing,
managing and analyzing project execution plans and schedules,
including use of Microsoft Project or similar CPM scheduling
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and public
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with ability to
listen, understand and lead others to be integral to the holistic
ownership of project execution within the framework of the
company’s organization and project’s contractual requirements.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with demonstrated
ability to make critical decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, inspire teamwork, and to
consistently acknowledge contributions by others.
Keywords: Flowserve, Cary , Manager, Project Management, Other , Cumnock, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!