Sr. Manufacturing Tech
Company: Alcami Corporation
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing
organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed
to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of
innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the
most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the
patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers,
accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of
CURRENTLY OFFERING ***$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS***
MARKET COMPETITIVE WAGES
Comprehensive Benefits Package Starting Day One
- paid out upon hire and in two additional installments. Internal
candidates are not eligible for sign on bonusPosition Summary
The Senior Manufacturing Technician is accountable for results in a
fast-paced environment and is responsible for manufacturing of drug
products (parenteral or solid dosage) for commercial distribution
and clinical trials. The Senior Manufacturing Technician operates
manufacturing processing equipment by following standard operating
procedures (SOPs) and batch records in accordance with regulatory
agencies and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs). The
Senior Manufacturing Technician employs acceptable techniques while
working in manufacturing environments, including PPE gowning. The
Senior Manufacturing Technician demonstrates proficiency in all
department procedures, trains and coaches other technicians, and
provides work instruction and oversees daily work assignments in
the absence of the supervisor as needed. The Senior Manufacturing
Technician interacts with customers as needed. The position
requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core
competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in
functional competencies for the role.
- Follows applicable SOPs and cGMPs to perform assigned duties
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all
other relevant company training requirements.
- Performs and oversees applicable manufacturing techniques and
technologies per SOPs and cGMPs.
- Performs and oversees manufacturing technologies and operation
of manufacturing and material handling equipment.
- Documents activities in real time on controlled documentation
and legibly, per SOPs and cGMPs.
- Performs in-process testing, weight checks, component counting
and basic math calculations.
- Performs cleaning of rooms, tools and equipment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all department procedures and
trains and coaches other technicians.
- Provides work instruction and oversees daily work assignments
in the absence of the supervisor as needed.
- Assists with other manufacturing areas as
required.Manufacturing Technologies For Sterile Liquids
- Equipment and component preparation and sterilization
- Aseptic filling
- Visual inspectionEducation And Experience
- High school diploma or GED with 5 years of related experience
- cGMP or prior work experience in a regulated environment
- Prior pharmaceutical or CDMO experience required. Alcami
- Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through
- Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first
- Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time
- Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and
regulatory standards. Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
- Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on
opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand
the why. Focuses on work that matters.
- Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop
self and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for
- Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes
decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets
commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more
- Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers
results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to
have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to
- Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right
questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to
- Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with
the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas
originate. Flexible and easy to work with. Functional
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation
- Excellent detail orientation and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving and basic trouble-shooting ability
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed written instructions
- Ability to move materials throughout the facility using
appropriate methods and equipment required.
- Proficiency in basic computing skills required.
- Ability to train, coach and develop others required.
- Prior experience with cGMP practices and procedures
- Proficiency in aseptic processing and manufacturing operations
using filling machines, filtration equipment, autoclaves, and
semi-automatic inspection machines
- Ability to develop and optimize processes, procedures, and the
agility to change directions when requiredDecision Making And
- Applies job skills, company policies and SOPs to complete a
variety of tasks.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed
instructions on new projects or assignments.Travel Requirements
- Up to 5% domestic travel. Physical Demands and Work
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those that must be met or encountered by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms; talk or hear and smell. The employee is frequently
required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee
must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move over 50 pounds with
assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high,
precarious places; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The
employee will be required to wear the appropriate personal
protective equipment for specific job duties to be performed. Such
personal protective equipment may include, but not limited to:
safety eyewear, hearing protection, various types of
respirators/breathing apparatus, lab coats, full protective body
coverings, various types of gloves, etc. Other tasks involving
elevated work may require the use of a body harness and lanyard.
Additionally, the employee may be required to operate an industrial
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
- Bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
- Voluntary benefits including short & long-term disability,
life, accident, critical illness insurancesDiversity And
Alcami values diversity and we are c ommitted to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or
mental disability, past or present military service, marital
status, gender identification or expression, medical condition
(including genetic characteristics) or any other protected
characteristic as established by law.
As part of our effort to provide and maintain a safe and healthful
workplace, Alcami Corporation requires new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals are considered fully
vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna
vaccine, or 2 weeks after a single-dose of the Johnson & Johnson
vaccine. Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for
medical or religious reasons should contact HR to complete a
request for accommodation form.
..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Alcami Corporation, Cary , Sr. Manufacturing Tech, Other , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!