Senior / Executive Middle Market Underwriter - Atlanta, GA, or Carolinas
Company: Crum & Forster
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Senior / Executive Middle Market Underwriter
Atlanta GA or Carolinas
The Middle Market Solutionsteam is looking for anexperienced Senior
/ Executive Middle Market Underwriterwith an entrepreneurial spirit
to build a territory for us. This individual will be a lead
production underwriter responsible for building outa territory for
ourMiddle Market division. Team player responsible for driving
broker relationships, building account pipelines, reviewing and
analyzing underwriting data to select superior risks and
build/maintain a profitable book of business with target broker
shops. Manage agency relationships through superior customer
service, innovation, and marketing activities. Collaborates with
colleagues to achieve departmental goals and drives cross sell both
within Crum and the broader Fairfax entities.
What you will do:
- Will be a lead underwriting contact for the regional territory
and tasked with working directly with Regional Management to build
out the territory.
- Responsible for management of regional broker planning,
analysis and development for assigned brokers.
- Meet profitability, retention, and written premium goals
determined by the department.
- Territory budgeting and forecasting for overall GWP
- Represent the Middle Market South region at key industry
functions and events.
- Makes independent decisions within underwriting letter of
authority and maintains proper file documentation.
- Assist in developing annual business goals for assigned
- Responsible for analyzing results and maintaining
accountability of agency partners within the department.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of department products and
- Can clearly articulate the department's value proposition
- Participates in training and initiatives to develop knowledge
base. May participate in projects.
- Travel may be required (current drivers license)What YOU will
bring to C&F:
- Bachelor's degree and5+ years of underwriting experience
- Strong underwriting knowledge of Property, General Liability,
Automobile, Umbrella, and Workers' Compensation.
- Knowledge for all lines with Manufacturing, Retail, Wholesale,
Hospitality and other general industry risks.
- Possesses strong communication and analytical skills to pursue
new business and manage a renewal book.
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Reference Connect & ImageRight
software needed to succeed in department.
- Knowledge and experience in dealing withbrokers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Possesses or is pursuing underwriting and industry designations
applicable to area of specialization.What C&F will bring to
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous 401K employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan with employer matching
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent benefits that go beyond health, dental & vision. Our
Wellness programs focus on your family's complete wellness,
including your physical and mental wellbeing
- A core C&F principle is that you manage your career. To
support your development, we have a wealth of ways for you to keep
learning, including tuition reimbursement, industry related
certifications and professional training available to you
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and exciting work environment
- A spirit of social responsibility, matching donation program,
volunteer opportunities, and an employee driven corporate givingAt
C&F you will BELONG! We value inclusivity and diversity. We are
committed to providing equal employment opportunity and welcome
everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you
require a special accommodation, please let us know.
C&F (Crum & Forster) is a leading national property & casualty
insurance company with a large, diversified specialty platform.
With deep roots going back to 1822, will soon be celebrating our
200 th anniversary and are proud of our history and excited about
our future. Our most valuable asset is our people - 2000+
employees, and growing, in locations throughout the United States -
committed to delivering customized products with superior customer
We care about each and every one of our employees and customers we
work to serve and believe our deeply rooted philosophy of corporate
giving, culture of high performance, innovation and integrity all
exemplify this. From our parent company, Fairfax, to our C&F
leadership, a philosophy of balance allows our employees to
participate fully at work, in their communities, and have plenty of
time to enjoy their lives outside of work.
For more information about Crum & Forster, please visit our
Keywords: Crum & Forster, Cary , Senior / Executive Middle Market Underwriter - Atlanta, GA, or Carolinas, Other , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!