Central Sterile Tech Senior
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: New Hill
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over
40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
Processes and issues routine and specialized medical/surgical
supplies and instruments used in the care and treatment of
patients. Cleans, high level disinfects/sterilizes, and packages
medical and surgical instrument trays and inventories. This level
recognizes the profession of Central Processing Technology staff
for advanced performance and leadership in the Perioperative
1. Assembles baskets of instruments, basin sets and equipment using
appropriate check lists and prepares for sterilization.
2. Assembles sets of supplies and instruments used in a variety of
clinical settings. Checks for cleanliness and functionality (i.e.
sharpness of scissors, smooth movement of hinged instruments,
3. Decontaminates, disinfects and thoroughly cleans supplies,
instruments and equipment used in a variety of procedures.
4. Distributes instruments, equipment and supplies to appropriate
5. Monitors and maintains adequate levels of supplies, instruments
6. Monitors equipment for malfunctions. Makes minor repairs.
Notifies appropriate staff of need for more major repairs.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of instrument and equipment IFUs and
processes instruments and interacts with equipment according to
8. Technical-- Demonstrates proficiency in reprocessing and
maintenance of endoscopes and other endoscopic equipment per
high-level disinfection (HLD) policy and manufacturer instructions
(IFU). Maintain scope washers and washer adapters. Check detergent
levels and effectiveness of disinfectant as per policy. Effectively
communicates information regarding scope repairs, loaners, supplies
and QI information by maintaining documentation of all actions.
9. Wears PPE as per policy.
10. Acts as primary preceptor
11. Serves as a leader for troubleshooting and quality improvement
and assurance processes.
12. Maintains supplies needed for cleaning and reprocessing, and
communicates effectively equipment failures and needed repairs.
13. Accurately records data in appropriate logs .
Other InformationOther information:
High School diploma or GED
Certification from accredited program for instrument
Professional Experience Requirements:
Two (2) years of central sterile technician experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
For UNC Medical Center: Successfully completed SCST portfolio
Job DetailsLegal Employer:NCHEALTHEntity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Sterile ProcessingWork Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: VariableLocation of
Job: US:NC:RaleighExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Cary , Central Sterile Tech Senior, Other , New Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!