Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: Fathom Holdings Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
SummaryThe Accounts Payable Specialist role is an integral role
on our corporate Accounts Payable team and will be responsible for
handing high volume accounts payable for multiple entities. The
Accounts Payable Specialist will oversee the entire accounts
payable process from the time an agent funding request and/or
vendor invoice is received until the payment is processed. The
Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for interacting
with agents, third party vendors, regulatory agencies, and internal
customers to facilitate the recording of expense transactions,
prepare disbursements, respond to inquiries and resolve issues and
monitor and maintain respective internal controls.The Accounts
Payable Specialist will also assist with our corporate card and
travel expense reimbursement programs, prepare analyses, support
external reviews and audits and be responsible for 1099
- Bachelors degree in accounting (Associates degree in accounting
may qualify depending on depth of relative experience)
- 4+ years related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ideally, previous experience using NetSuite
- Ideally, previous experience working in a SOX environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of general accounting.
- Accurate with an efficient and effective attention to
- Keen analytical, organizational, conflict solving, and
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills to work in conjunction with
agents, vendors, and internal customers.
- Must be able to analyze data, draw conclusions, interpret
results, and make recommendations with respect to transaction
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both an oral and
written manner to common inquiries or complaints from third
parties, regulatory agencies, and internal and external
- Adherence to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to develop and
maintain an organized structure
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment where
adaptability is imperative
- Manage the full accounts payable cycle from receipt of funding
requests from agents and third-party vendors, to payment for agents
and vendors; including coding invoices, verifying completeness and
accuracy of supporting documentation, matching purchase orders,
obtaining approval, and entering the invoices into the accounting
- Achieve and maintain positive agent and vendor relations and
build effective internal and external partnerships
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of
funding requests, invoices and purchase orders.
- Receive, research and resolve a variety of routine internal and
external inquiries concerning account status, including
communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate
- Prepare journal entries, accruals and account reconciliations
on a monthly basis according to established schedule.
- Process employee expense reports, including verification of
receipts and coding.
- Prepare batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH
- Responsible for imaging and record retention of all account
- Build, develop, and analyze account payable processes and
utilize technology to drive higher levels of performance and
- Ensure all accounts payable policies and procedures are adhered
to including agent funding, vendor maintenance and approval,
invoice processing and travel and related expense
- Prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation
needed for management, internal and external reporting, internal
and external auditors and SOX requirements.
- Administer and help implement an organization wide T&E
- Responsible for IRS 1099 compliance and reporting.
- Assist with any other projects as requested by the AP
Working Hours and Location
- The Accounts Payable Specialist is required to devote a minimum
of 40 hours per week to the position (workweek is from Monday
through Friday) and is responsible for ensuring that all work is
completed within agreed-upon timelines, which may require
additional hours above the 40 hours/week.
- This role is required to be at our Cary, NC headquarters.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and sit.Must be
able to operate a computer and telephone.
About Fathom Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: FTHM)Fathom Holdings Inc. is a
national, technology-driven, real estate services platform
integrating residential brokerage, mortgage, title, insurance, and
SaaS offerings to brokerages and agents by leveraging its
proprietary cloud-based software, intelliAgent.The Companys brands
include Fathom Realty, Encompass Lending, Dagley Insurance, Verus
Title, intelliAgent, and Real Results.For more information,
Keywords: Fathom Holdings Inc., Cary , Accounts Payable Specialist, Other , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!