Desktop Support Specialist
Company: HCL Technologies
Posted on: June 23, 2022
HCL - Desktop Support SpecialistTitle- Desktop Management
AnalystKey Function: To provide local hands on IT Support to
usersLocation- Cary,North CarolinaExperience- 0-2.5yrsSalary: 54000
PAJob Description-Key Objectives :
- Overall administration and technical support of day-to-day
onsite laptop/desktop service operations, either via face to face,
telephone or via remote connection tools.
- Communicate effectively with end-users and team members on
Incidents raised. Efficiently resolve user incidents/requests,
maintaining personal Remedy call queue at all times, ensuring
tickets are processed in accordance with HCL procedures in order to
meet set SLA's.
- Manage the complete life-cycle of laptop/desktop environment
from procurement, on-going support to decommissioning.
- Support of laptop/desktop hardware (break fix), software
(Microsoft technologies such as WDS and OS), CA Arcserve Backup,
VMWARE, Symantec AV, managing peripherals, maintaining &
administering all loan equipment.
- Key part of the role is imaging of laptops, support standard
build updates and conducting physical IT asset management and
keeping the IT inventory up to date at all times.
- Working and liaising with Global Service Desk in India for
incidents and other IT support requirements.
- Maintaining the IT store room, carrying out frequent stock
checks and organisation of IT equipment.
- Provide telephony and video conference support within the
office environment as well as daily changing of backup tapes and
- Create and update documentation on processes/systems relevant
to the OSS team.
- Provide support to other technical teams for IT projects and
- Provide any other duties/tasks related to GEO IT
- Solid experience in a busy local IT support environment with
excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience of supporting field-based users.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Windows
7/8/10 - Office 2016 / )365
- Experience of supporting Active Directory, Group Policy and
File/Print management in a corporate environment would be
- Good organizational skills for IT asset management and
- Excellent documentation skills for creating/updated processes
- Understanding of an Incident management system (Remedy
- Must have excellent customer facing qualities with a flexible,
can do attitude.
- Experience and knowledge of Laptop imaging, preferably
- Good knowledge of Networking & TCP/IP in a corporate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and conscientiously.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCP / MCTS) - would be
advantageous.Hands on experience in working on Server Room / Data
Center. Able to mount servers, switches and Routers. Able to
provide console access.Interested candidate please share your
updated CV at email@example.com along with the below mentioned
details:Please share the below required details:--- Current
Role:--- Total Year Experience :--- Current Location :--- Current
Salary :--- Annual Salary Expectation:--- Notice Period :--- Work
Keywords: HCL Technologies, Cary , Desktop Support Specialist, Other , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!