Retail Sales Specialist - Cary
Posted on: June 24, 2022
What's cool about this job
REI is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist,
multicultural organization. To fulfill our brand promise of
enabling a life well-lived outside for everyone, we are seeking
candidates who demonstrate shared values of diversity, equity,
inclusion, and antiracism.
You will serve on a team whose job is to help REI, the nation's
largest consumer co-op, engage with all of its audiences. You will
contribute to the success of REI by processing purchase
transactions, selling memberships and other REI products and
services to customers, supporting our 100% satisfaction guarantee
by processing customer returns, and completing other unique
customer service functions. You will maintain a working knowledge
of REI products and services and use this knowledge to sell
products, services, and memberships to our customers. You help to
maintain the store visual standards and assist in keeping the floor
stocked with merchandise. REI employees pride themselves on living
the REI values: balance, authenticity, quality, service, respect,
and integrity. Sound interesting? Keep reading to learn more about
this position and life at REI.
- Supports customers by responding to product, membership and REI
service questions, general inquiries and customer feedback.
- Effectively helps to prepare the store: maintains and stocks
work areas making sure all items are accurately priced.
- Works with store management, visual merchandising point person,
and Sales Leads to maintain visual standards.
- Promotes the sale of REI goods and services as well as engaging
in the steps of REI's Sales and Service Training.
- Provide customers with product, membership and service
information including but not limited to the REI Mastercard
- Processes purchase, membership, service and return transactions
at the register in alignment with REI's 100% satisfaction
guarantee. Collect payment for goods, make change, and distribute
- Performs unique transactions such as special orders, Outdoor
School registration, special ticket sales, and store
- Identifies, research, and resolve customer issues.
- Supports Retail Store Pick-Up by assisting with the receipt of
product from truck and processing customer pick-up.
- Maintains customer and employee hold area by keeping the area
organized and removing items that are beyond the hold dates.
- Additional duties as assignedBring your passion and
Do you aspire to adventure? Do you thrive in the outdoors and want
to help others do the same? Bring your passion to REI and help
fulfill our mission to educate, inspire and outfit our customers
for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship! Here are some
qualities we look for in our Sales Specialists:
- Previous retail store experience (preferred)
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own
team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support
the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound
judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business
- Consolidates information from various sources including
feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Effective communication skills.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the
- Knowledgeable of outdoor activities in assigned
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on
internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing
priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting
deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in
the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business
needs, including evenings and weekends.REI hires, trains, and
promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as
required by applicable law. We remain deeply committed to making
the Co-op a place where everyone can feel safe and be themselves.
Keywords: REI, Cary , Retail Sales Specialist - Cary, Other , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!