Company: TARGAN Inc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
TARGAN (formerly Applied LifeSciences & Systems) is a mission
driven company focusing on creating a more sustainable food supply,
improving animal health, and eliminating disease to solve for a
greater purpose in ending world hunger.
The TARGAN team has developed breakthrough technologies and
solutions that will revolutionize the poultry, livestock, and
aquaculture industries. Our team of experienced, innovative
engineers and scientists are combining their engineering and
biological expertise across a variety of proprietary technologies
which include high-speed imaging, feature recognition, artificial
intelligence, automation, and microfluidics to bring novel
solutions to the industry.
We are looking for leaders that want to make a difference in the
world. Join us and be part of building an amazing workplace where
you will have a key role in propelling us forward to meeting our
goals and achieving our mission.
At TARGAN you will not only be an employee, but you will also have
ownership in the company. You will be a part of a dedicated,
dynamic team working together to ensure the company's success. The
company's success will be your success!
TARGAN's headquarters is centrally located in the
The Mechanical Designer holds a key position in the design and
advancement of Systems Engineering initiatives for bio-devices for
the global poultry, livestock and aquaculture industries. The ideal
candidate will be a highly creative, seasoned, hands-on designer
who will work closely with a Senior Mechanical Engineer to deliver
engineered-to-order automated vaccination systems. This position
currently reports to the Director of Systems Engineering.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Apply strong computer aided design knowledge to deliver
engineered-to-order system level automation solutions.
- Interact with application engineers, sales/marketing, and
customers to identify mechanical requirements to integrate
automated vaccination systems into existing automation
- Design motion-based electromechanical components and
- Deliver component and assembly level drawings accurately and on
- Work interactively with R&D Engineering to deliver system
level automation customizations.
- Work interactively with field installation and support staff to
deliver timely resolution of field technical issues.
- Work interactively with electromechanical technicians to test
customized automation solutions.
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree in drafting or equivalent work
- Minimum 7 years of experience with 3D Modeling & 2D Drafting
- Proficient in designing components and assemblies in
- Solid understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Experience designing formed sheet-metal, plastic, and machined
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience designing motion-based electromechanical assemblies
including motors, sensors, bearings, pulleys, gears, belts,
- Knowledge in Engineering Change Management processes
- Ability to concurrently handle multiple project
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel,
Word and PowerPoint
TARGAN Inc. is proud to be an affirmative action / equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital
status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other
status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
Keywords: TARGAN Inc, Cary , Mechanical Designer, Other , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!