Principal Mechanical Engineer
Company: TARGAN Inc
Posted on: September 25, 2022
The Principal Mechanical Engineer holds a key position in the
design and advancement of New Product Development (NPD) initiatives
for bio-devices for the global poultry, livestock and aquaculture
industries. The ideal candidate will be a highly creative,
seasoned, hands-on engineer, who will lead/participate in NPD
programs for new applied bio-mechanical technology and devices from
conceptualization to development and commercialization, including,
idea generation, research, evaluation, product design, feasibility
analysis, value assessment, product introduction, field application
and commercialization. This position currently reports to the
Director of Mechanical Engineering and leads development
initiatives internally through a matrix organization in addition to
managing external consulting and design firms, to accelerate NPD
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Take full ownership responsibility of driving
technological/scientific development of electro-mechanical
industrial automation equipment and sub-systems.
- Provide advanced technical knowledge and strong leadership to
product development teams to aggressively deliver the company's
- Act in the capacity of technical expert in the areas of
electro-mechanical R&D and/or product development.
- Provide seasoned guidance and hands-on results related to
concept development, mechanical analysis, part/assembly design,
product verification, and DOE-based problem solving.
- Apply sound critical thinking to design effective experiments
to solve complex technical problems.
- Investigate and create innovative design and analysis
- Mentor early experience colleagues to raise the skills of the
mechanical engineering group.
- Lead/support internal and/or external contract design resources
- Communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor or Masters in Biomechanical Engineering or Mechanical
Engineering - required
- Minimum of 15 years of hands-on industrial experience
developing medical device, diagnostic equipment, or automation
equipment - required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading product development
teams of 2-4 people - required.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, and deploying
medical, diagnostics, or industrial automation systems -
- Demonstrated experience designing experiments to solve complex
mechanical problems - required.
- Proficient in designing parts and assemblies in Solidworks CAD
platform - required.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience designing sheet metal components and welded
- Experience developing motion-based electro-mechanical
- Experience developing microfluidics delivery components and
- Experience applying and/or using computational fluid dynamics
- Experience applying and/or using structural finite element
General office environment; This position will be subject to mostly
controlled but potential varying internal environmental conditions,
including changes in temperature and noise that are within
acceptable safety levels common to a warehouse environment.
TARGAN Inc. is proud to be an affirmative action / equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital
status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other
status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
TARGAN (formerly Applied LifeSciences & Systems) is a mission
driven company focusing on creating a more sustainable food supply,
improving animal health, and eliminating disease to solve for a
greater purpose in ending world hunger.
The TARGAN team has developed breakthrough technologies and
solutions that will revolutionize the poultry, livestock, and
aquaculture industries. Our team of experienced, innovative
engineers and scientists are combining their engineering and
biological expertise across a variety of proprietary technologies
which include high-speed imaging, feature recognition, artificial
intelligence, automation, and microfluidics to bring novel
solutions to the industry.
We are looking for leaders that want to make a difference in the
world. Join us and be part of building an amazing workplace where
you will have a key role in propelling us forward to meeting our
goals and achieving our mission.
At TARGAN you will not only be an employee, but you will also have
ownership in the company. You will be a part of a dedicated,
dynamic team working together to ensure the company's success. The
company's success will be your success!
TARGAN's headquarters is centrally located in the
Raleigh/Durham/RTP area. PI192420249
Keywords: TARGAN Inc, Cary , Principal Mechanical Engineer, Other , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!