Automation Application Engineer - CoLab
Company: SCHUNK Intec Inc
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Summary of Automation Application Engineer - CoLab:Primary
responsibilities of Automation Application Engineer are to support
SCHUNK USA CoLab operations through application validation and
advanced support of solutions and problem solving. The CoLab
removes barriers to automation by testing customer workpieces with
SCHUNK automation equipment. The CoLab's primary purpose is to
bring confidence to customers that a concept or idea is a feasible
solution. The Automation Application Engineer will understand basic
to advanced automation concepts to independently identify
technologies fitting customer's goals. Conceptualizing and
designing basic to advanced mechanical fixtures and components will
be common in this role. Essential Duties and Responsibilities of
Automation Application Engineer - CoLab include the following:
- Independent accomplishment of assigned tasks according to
specifications by customer, team lead or manager.
- Communicate with inside sales, regional sales managers, channel
partners, and end customers to open CoLab validation projects.
- Lead meetings with sales managers and customers to understand
application goals and learn if solution can be confirmed with
pre-existing knowledge or application database.
- Receive and process customer workpieces for validation
following labeling and storage procedures.
- Become an expert in key, focus, and common product technologies
tested in the CoLab as well as alternative solutions.
- Independent setup of simple to advanced test fixturing, clear
explanation of support where needed to Automation Technician.
- Expert programming of collaborative robots to achieve
validation goals where automation is required - some technologies
can be validated and tested manually or by hand.
- Setup and lead live demonstration and explanation of solutions
when as requested by customers.
- Successfully identify alternate solution proposals and
approaches, actively engaging in communication with customer to
clarify open points and questions.
- Elaborate validation concepts considering customer conditions,
cycle times or goals, support standardization of testing.
- Record success or failure notes and documentation including
technical specifications, products selected and used, images and
video as needed.
- Upload relevant or interesting applications successes to
database to encourage global application knowledge.
- Communicate results of validation to sales manager, inside
sales, and customers leading to next steps in sales cycle of
quoting and ordering appropriate products.
- Capacity planning and allocation of time and resources to
validations and projects, design of solutions and creation of
quotes, offer communication and negotiation, build and improve
processes and systems with standardization.
- Calculate and quote CoLab time and labor on in-depth analysis
of customer processes.
- Create trade show robot demonstrations to engage existing and
potential customers at industry events including concepting,
design, ordering, setup and programming collaborative robot.
- Mentor and train apprentice and co-op students during
- Conduct CoLab tours and presentations for sales channel partner
and customer on-site events.
- Participate in SCHUNK special projects when requested.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities for Automation Application Engineer -
CoLab : None. Qualifications for Automation Application Engineer -
- Use initiative and efficiency to complete applications.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently.
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, develop, implement
and carryout solutions.
- Ability to give clear direction and steps to complete
- Basic to advanced electrical knowledge of wiring inputs and
- Experience using 3D modeling software - experience with PTC
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team
environment with management, technical sales, applications
engineers, and inside and outside sales staff.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects coordinating
priorities with team members.
- Collaborative and/or industrial robot programming
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced team
environment. Education and/or Experience for Automation Application
Engineer - CoLab:Bachelor's degree in engineering or an equivalent
combination of training, education and work experience.Language
Skills for Automation Application Engineer - CoLab:
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively in
person and via written communication.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation and
operating manuals of manufacturing and automation equipment.
- Ability to write detailed reports and
correspondence.Mathematical Skills for Automation Application
Engineer - CoLab:
- Ability to apply basic to advanced level mathematical concepts
and operations Reasoning Ability for Automation Application
Engineer - CoLab:
- Ability to read, understand and interpret documents and
procedure manuals and carry out instructions furnished in oral,
written or diagram form.
- Ability to apply thought process and logic to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to follow direction from manager to make informed
decisions on tasks and projects. Computer Skills for Automation
Application Engineer - CoLab:
- Ability to use PC applications including advanced skills with
Microsoft Suite and internet research.
- 3D modeling software experience.
- Ability to use or learn to use in-house sales/order
applications and/or systems.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
for Automation Application Engineer - CoLab: Valid Driver's
Keywords: SCHUNK Intec Inc, Cary , Automation Application Engineer - CoLab, Other , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!