Agile Scrum Master
Posted on: March 16, 2023
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- The Scrum Master will support the teams continuous progress by
ensuring each person is working on the right tasks, helping to
remove any obstacles, and protecting the team from
- The Scrum Master will maintain communication, transparency and
visibility with sponsors, collaborators, Product Owners and others
involved with the sprints.
TOP POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & ESTIMATED PERCENTAGE OF TIME EACH
SCRUM TEAM SUPPORT
- Facilitate conversations that will help the team come up with
their own solutions
- Facilitates the removal of obstacles and distractions that
impede the teams velocity.
- Assist team in sizing-up efforts and tracks team velocity
- Radiates team information to promote visibility and
- Promotes team brainstorming to identify potential
- Educates team and stakeholders on their Role &
- Ensure individual and team accountability
- Ascertains the teams needs in training, materials and support.
Escalates to appropriate personnel as needed.
- Identifies precursors to team derailment and develops a safe
environment to promote conversations address potential conflict
areas to maintain the overall health of the team and its
- Researches and identifies unique frameworks and methodologies
that can be incorporated within the team to increase overall team
hygiene and create a hyper-collaborative environment.
- Facilitate Scrum and/or other ceremonies put in place for
communication purposes - Retrospective, Sprint Planning, refinement
sessions, backlog discussions, Sprint Review, Daily Stand-ups,
PRODUCT OWNER PARTNERSHIP
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect
to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Ensure everyone on the team understands the projects goals and
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND PROJECTS AS ASSIGNED.
- EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (MINIMUM
- CERTIFICATIONS: First level Scrum Master certification (CSM,
PSM I) required
- 5+ years of leading projects and/or agile teams required.
- Strong knowledge of SCRUM theory, rules and practices
- Knowledge of Agile techniques such as: User Stories, Continuous
Integration, Quality checks
- Knowledge about task estimation and tracking such as burndown
metrics, velocities, and effective backlog management
- Experience with Jira or other tool for managing Sprints and
- Knowledge of other agile methodologies and frameworks such as
- Lean Six Sigma Knowledge 5S, Waste Elimination
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- TBD Agile Software
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS & ABILITIES (i.e., leadership,
communication, interpersonal, etc.):
- Effective communicator with the ability to maintain a cohesive
- Strong verbal, written, listening and presentation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques and strong analytical
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of
a collaborative team across the organization
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work
environment and manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Exhibits high Emotional Intelligence
- Demonstrates proficiency in conflict resolution
- Ability to track and remove impediments Proficiency in
estimation and planning
Keywords: eTeam, Cary , Agile Scrum Master, Other , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...