Company: MasTec Inc
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Overview:Company SummaryMasTec, Inc. is a leading national
infrastructure construction company. Utility Services Group (USG)
is part of the Power Delivery Segment and focuses on the electrical
distribution, substation, water, transmission, and natural gas
distribution infrastructures. Job SummaryThe OHE Foreman leads the
crew to complete daily tasks related to the placement of overhead
electrical cables to meet customer needs, ensuring crew safety,
keeping track of employee hours, completing daily & weekly safety
briefings/inspections, and calls in project utility locations. This
position oversees the Line team and works with other personnel from
- Obtain all the necessary materials for the job, and ensure all
permits and licenses are in place.
- Oversee work related to each project and assume full
responsibility for its quality and timeliness.
- Compliance with proper safety standards, procedures, and work
practices according to MasTec or the customer, whichever standard
- Facilitate daily toolbox talks and weekly safety
- Disseminates information and ensures understanding of safety
- Perform aerial tasks, such as new cable installs, pole
transfers, strand building, cable hanging, and lashing. This is
only allowed if no critical work is being performed that the
Foreman is not needed as a Qualified observer.
- Place overhead electrical cables.
- Connect wires and cables to terminals and attach/detach various
kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, or poles.
- Coordinate and supervise daily tasks for crew members related
to digging and placing product.
- Perform construction work, such as digging holes, placing
cable, air pipe, and inner duct work in various types of conduit
systems and open excavations.
- Climb utility poles and/or use aerial lift truck to place
cables on poles per system design.
- Drive, haul, and/or operate equipment to/from job sites to
assist crews in completion of work.
- Train new hires and trainees to learn the
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- 6 years of experience.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is required.Preferred
- 8 or more years of experience, including extensive experience
supervising and training skilled labor.
- OSHA 20 Certification.Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a field environment. This role routinely
requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing,
kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions,
standing, and twisting. Also, working in inclement weather
conditions, such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow,
and wind. The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. This position is physically active,
with lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up
to 50 pounds. Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more or 20 inches or
less, with the ability to judge distance and space relationships.
Precise hand-eye coordination. Ability to identify and distinguish
colors. Please note this job description is not designed to cover
or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
The Company reserves the right to revise or change the job duties
as the need arises. Management reserves the right to change the
description, duties, or work schedules to accommodate individuals
with disabilities. Benefits available include Medical, Dental,
Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee
Stock Purchase plan. MasTec is a publicly traded company MTZ
(NYSE). Equal Employment Opportunity: The Companys policy is not to
unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee based on
race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, marital status, age, disability, genetic
information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by
applicable law and EEOC regulations. The Company also prohibits
harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these
Keywords: MasTec Inc, Cary , OHE Foreman, Other , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...