Company: Newcomb and Company
Posted on: June 27, 2019
Newcomb and Company - Raleigh, NC
About Us: Founded in 1954, Newcomb and Company is a full-service
mechanical contractor providing customers in the commercial,
residential, and industrial sectors with innovative, energy
efficient heating and air conditioning services, automation and
controls, industrial piping, new-construction design and
installation, and maintenance and replacement services.
Job Title: Pipefitter
Department: Industrial Construction
Reports To: Construction Project Manager
Wage: Hourly, commensurate with level of experience
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Lay out of pipe systems, supports or related equipment according
* Installation of commercial mechanical systems to include but not
limited to cooling towers, chillers, boilers, pumps, packaged
rooftop equipment, and split system equipment.
* Assemble or secure pipes (1/2" to 10" in size), fittings,
accessories (valves, gauges, etc.), or related equipment according
to project specifications by welding, brazing, soldering or
* Inspect or test installed systems using pressure gauge,
hydrostatic testing or other methods.
* Cut or bore holes in structures prior to pipe installation using
hand or power tools.
* Load and unload tools and material.
* Setup of equipment at beginning of shift and breakdown at end of
* Utilize blueprints and drawings to plan layout and procedure.
* Compile lists of material and equipment needed for project.
* Coordinate material orders and deliveries with company warehouse
and construction managers.
* Coordinate tool, lift, and crane rentals as necessary for
* Maintain assigned tools and issued safety equipment.
* Maintain daily communication with your direct supervisor and
department manager. Take direction from construction manager,
project foreman, and/or lead pipefitter.
* Coordinate project inspections with construction manager.
* Supervise and support helpers on projects as required.
* Complete as-built drawings at end of projects.
* Enter time worked daily and submit timesheet weekly.
* Follow all policies as outlined in the company handbook and
* Monitor jobsite to ensure a safe work environment and report any
safety violations to safety supervisor.
* Overtime or varied shift work hours may be required.
* Ability to fit, solder, weld and layout piping systems.
* Previous experience installing mechanical systems required.
* Previous use of electrical and manual tools required (e.g. saws,
squares, calipers, hammer type drills, etc.)
* Experience with properly handling suspended loads.
* Tool Requirements: basic hand tools (e.g. cordless drill, hammer,
screwdrivers, tape measure, crescent wrench, channel locks, torpedo
* General Requirements: ability to operate a forklift or other
heavy equipment pending proper equipment certification provided by
company. Company vehicle use will be subject to motor vehicle
report and authorization.
* Physical Requirements: ability to perform additional physical
activities that require considerable use of limbs and appendages
such as climbing, lifting, reaching above shoulders, balancing,
walking, stooping, and kneeling. Ability to lift, move and handle
80lbs tools or materials. Ability to climb and work from ladders,
aerial lifts, or scaffolding. Ability to work in tight spaces or
uneven terrain. Ability to work in environmental conditions that
range from working outdoors during all seasons, indoor office
environments, and utility plants.
Should be reasonably physically fit and capable of picking up a 60
lb. tool, piece of equipment or piece of material and moving it
about either on a jobsite, at a vendor or our warehouse.
* This position requires the ability to walk and climb stairs and
ladders. This may include tight and difficult situations and uneven
* This position includes occasionally assisting loading or
unloading materials in the warehouse or stocking safety equipment
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive
benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the
talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth
and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Newcomb and Company, Cary , Pipefitter, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!