Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker always
asking, What if*
If so, you may be the new team member we re looking for. Because at
SAS, your curiosity matters whether you re developing algorithms,
creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions.
Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services,
we inspire customers around the world to transform data into
intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries,
challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
Can you apply creative thinking to large data sets to solve
customer business problems using SAS* Are you looking for an
opportunity to utilize your analytic skills across a wide variety
of industries* The Analytical Consulting and Enterprise Solutions
team at SAS is seeking talented individuals to help our customers
bridge the gap between the data they have and the solutions they
What you ll do
* Analyze large volumes of customer data.
* Translate customer needs into analytic requirements.
* Support data validation, cleaning and preparation to facilitate
* Conduct customer sessions for requirements gathering, data
discovery, analysis, reporting, and presentation.
* Build and test analytic models.
* Create data visualizations and reports.
* Automate analytic processes.
What we re looking for
* You re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are
our values and influence everything we do.
* You have a master's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer
science, operations research, or a related quantitative field.
* 4+ years of experience in data analysis or analytical
* Experience programming in SAS or other languages such as Python
* Experience analyzing data and using statistical/analytic
The nice to haves
* 1+ years of experience programming in SAS and using SAS
* Previous experience working with large data volumes.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Public speaking experience.
* Solve customers' complex business problems using innovative
* Familiarity with data mining approaches.
* Communicate with people of various technical and business
backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical
concepts in simple terms to business users.
* Create visualizations for presenting data and analysis.
* Work well independently and in a team environment.
* Proven record of handling increasing responsibilities and
learning new technology quickly.
* We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy
people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No
matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your
unique contributions will make a difference.
* Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds,
experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn t about fitting into
our culture, it s about adding to it - and we can t wait to see
what you ll bring.
This position will be seated out of SAS Headquarters in Cary, North
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core
values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values
that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total
candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills,
problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators.
Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be
considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this
position will be determined based on the applicant's education,
skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they
are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may
require access to technology or software subject to export or
import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may
obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for
employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Analytical Consultant, Professions , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!